Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, hi everybody. I'm new here, but I've been lurking around for probably a good two or so years.. I love Mustangs, but I did come over from the dark side; (owned a Camaro prior to the stang).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you wanna waste the next few minutes of your life and read an ungodly long life story, then read on lol.

So I owned a 1993 Camaro Z28, it was a pretty nice ride for a high school kid lol.

After awhile of having that, an older guy ran a stop sign in front of me, resulting in this:

And so after I collected $5000 from his insurance company, I started car hunting with no real guidelines except I wanted something similarly fast, yet easier to work on. (Anyone with a late-model F-body knows what I'm talking about.. Extremely cramped underhood, engine half under the dashboard and all that..) And after a couple of days I found a 1999 Mustang GT with no mechanical problems and decent mileage(under 100K) for $5500. I went and test drove it, pretty much fell in love, bought it, and brought it home.

I pretty much immediately started replacing stuff, like the ugly fogged lights and boring wheels.

And then my username comes into play.. After owning the car for about three months, someone slammed on their brakes in front of me to avoid a dog, I couldn't stop in time and hit them. But I did veer off the road enough that I didn't do car-totaling damage. I took off my driver's side fender and crushed the front edge of the door, but miraculously didn't touch the hood, the wheel/suspension, or front bumper at all. Or blow the airbags. I only have liability coverage, so that kinda ****ed me on this one.

^Thats what I was dealing with upon being towed home. My total eventually came to: Fender, door, inner fender, cruise motor, washer fluid bottle, header panel, headlights, one very expensive 35th anni. badge, and I sheared the main wiring harness in half. Oh well, least it wasn't the side with the ECU lol. I have decent mechanical and autobody skills, so I started putting em to work since I had no insurance for this one. I soldered the wiring harness back together, bought a new header panel and reinstalled my old headlights so that it was at least driveable again.

I eventually bought a door from an Atlantic Blue stang that got t-boned on the passenger side, and a new fender and inner fender. After replacing all the stuff under the fender, I installed this stuff, sanded it, primered it, and have been driving it like that since then.

Replaced the headlights with some smoked chrome ones after a couple weeks, and opted to just put regular GT badges on the sides rather than pay $80 for the 35th one. Still needs a cowl panel, only because I just can't justify paying Ford $230+ for a piece of brittle plastic.. and the rest of my paints not great, so I'm actually planning on getting the entire car done when I finally go do it. Also planning on possibly shaving side badges and going wingless then too..

To those that actually read all that, I hope you found it entertaining lol. Planning to have fun now actually contributing instead of just lurking lol.

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts
:wave Welcome to MM!

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:welcome to MM :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts