Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered Rainbow Troll
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm new here, but I am an active member over at the Vintage Mustang Forum site. I thought I'd join this forum as well since you guys have a 5.0 Forum.

I'm 17, and my first car is a 66 Coupe. I've been working on the car since I got it at the age of 15, and have slowly turned it into a daily driver. It started life as an inline 6 with a 3 speed, and currently has a 90 5.0, T5, and 8.8 rear end. I also converted it to 4-wheel disc brakes, with csrp front suspension, 1" drop coils, and the shelby/arning control arm relocation. The car currently sits on 07 pony package wheels (17x8) with Nitto NT555 tires.

The engine is currently very stock. Current mods are an MSD distributor cap/wires, underdrive pullies, ps/smog/ac delete, electric fan, T-Rex fuel pump, cam (no specs, was already in the engine when we bought it) and a custom CAI. I am using a modern driveline cable clutch conversion kit, which fits with my hedman headers, which run through dumped glasspacks.

I am hopeful that someone can help point me in the right direction in terms of engine mods. I'm looking to get as close to 400hp as possible. Are GT40 heads and upper/lower intake worth anything in your opinion? I can usually find the heads at my local pull-a-part, and I would probably end up going with a trick-flow upper/lower intake. I'm looking to get the most bang for my buck for under $1-2,000. My goal is to be able to run with some of the local mustang guys in '02+ cars, and to run the occasional tuner (my town is full of ricers)

Thanks guys,
Dave

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
trick flow top end kit and a 100 shot

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Nice car. But.... You aren't going to be anywhere near 400 horse with gt40 stuff, and certainly not for 1200 bucks. For that money nitrous is your only option really.

·
Registered Rainbow Troll
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the link... However... That supercharger would require a crank pulley that extends farther out, and would hit my fan. I have almost no clearance between the fan and the water pump pulley. Are there any options for superchargers that mount on the passenger side of the car and use the stock crank pulley?

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
you should get some of the money for advertisement. lmao
I know right.... i should get a 10% cut. Id buy it, if i didnt think it was to small for my set up

·
Registered Rainbow Troll
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I'll probably just keep saving for some decent heads before I do anything. Thanks guys!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts