Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
procharged gt
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i am dropping the car off this coming Monday(1-14-13) at Fastlane Motorsports for the cam install, new sct tuner and dyno tune. Previous #'s were 386hp-400lb/ft on a dynojet with 8psi. Had the tune checked about a year later on a mustang dyno after pulley change to 10 psi out down 376/380. didnt get a graph on that one. Fastlane uses a dynojet so they should be on the high side. Any guess on the new #'s. I wanting 450+ but as long as it runs like it should on the track not really sweating the #'s. Should have it back sometime around 1-23-13. I will post a bf and after graph so everone can see the changes. And yes its the stock long block.:naughty:

Mod List

[email protected] 10psi w/ 3 core fmic
p-51 intake and fuel rails
74mm Tb
Anderson pp
95mm maf
cobra tank w/ dual pumps
42lb injectors
bbk lt's w/ o/r x and slp2

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Good luck! Looking forward to the numbers.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
I think 450+ would be a lil high with just the addition of cams. I would say 430-440hp

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Was the dynojet's correction SAE or STD? What size pulley are you currently running?

·
procharged gt
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Goodluck I dont think you will reach 450 though. Fastlane does great work!

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
I'm guessing 455whp, don't underestimate these things, I would say you could drop down to 8psi w/ the hp292s and still have the same power you have now. Whatever the out come is I want to see the graph before and after.

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
470 easy with 10psi.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
It was hard to read but I believe your dyno sheet was SAE corrected. I think you should be able to hit your goal of 450 with those cams.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
OP, your car's a 2001. Do you have the Windsor motor or the Romeo? I've read that the Windsor truck motor has slightly stronger rods (slightly but not much). They are the same rods that are in the 99, 01 Cobra motors.

·
Registered
951 Posts
i say 460+.. depends on how rich and the timing. my timing is at 12 degree which is low, and im doing 8psi making 435rwhp

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
i say 460+.. depends on how rich and the timing. my timing is at 12 degree which is low, and im doing 8psi making 435rwhp
What size pulley you running? do you have a dyno graph?

·
procharged gt
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OP, your car's a 2001. Do you have the Windsor motor or the Romeo? I've read that the Windsor truck motor has slightly stronger rods (slightly but not much). They are the same rods that are in the 99, 01 Cobra motors.
Romeo, and 3650 trans.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Sorry. Luck of the draw I guess. I do not know how you use your car but if its a daily driver then I really think you are pushing the limits at 470 rwhp. It could last a month or a year, who knows.

·
procharged gt
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's not a dd more of a toy than anything else. Go to the track a few times a year and drive it when it's nice on the weekend.

·
procharged gt
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was wondering if it would lose any boost? Should I get a smaller pulley just in case. I would like to keep the 10 psi, and the dual cobras should be plenty for now right.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
I was wondering if it would lose any boost? Should I get a smaller pulley just in case. I would like to keep the 10 psi, and the dual cobras should be plenty for now right.
No it shouldn't lose any boost. It will gain power and tq on the same amount of boost. There's no reason 10psi and hp292s shouldn't put you well over 450. If anything you might want to get a bigger pulley that does 9psi.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
its a 2.87 pulley stock crank. yes let me get it out my car
Damn, those hi-tech's must drop alot of boost, but seems like you're making great power at 8.5psi.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts