Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi people, i put a new intake plenum, TB, and CAI in my car and since i've done that my car doesn't like to run after i start it. What happens now is i will start it and it will either immediately stall, or it will choke around 200RPMs for a minute. Also it doesn't respond to my gas pedal unless i keep the RPMS around 3K. Since i dont feel comfortable letting my car choke, or rev at startup, i was wondering what could be causing this. Also could my DIABLO tune need to be changed? it was originally tuned with just 3.73s CAI and a catback.

PS: I cleaned my IAC when i did the swap, and it only happens in weather from about 40 and below. And if i put my old intake on it doesn't do this.

Mods for my 2000 mustang gt with the problem

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Possibly a leak after the MAS? If you put your old intake on and it works, then its probably not the tps, or iac. Its not the tune, since the car could run on those mods without a tune...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no leaks... did you mean MAS as in MAF sensor? cuz if so there is no leak in my new intake anywhere. The only thing thats different about this new intake aside from the obvious is that i raised the idle 100rpms in order to fix the poor machining of my "professional" products TB.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Yeah the MAF i have no idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts