Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking at this key and haven't really decided on weather I should try it or not. It does not say that it would fit my car, however if I have the pats turned off in my tune it should work right? Correct me if I am wrong. I have 2 keys already but the fobs are both broke where the key ring attaches so I was on ebay and I found this.

Brand New Ford 4 Button Keyless Clicker Remote Entry Flip Key Switchblade 80 Bit | eBay

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive been looking at this key and haven't really decided on weather I should try it or not. It does not say that it would fit my car, however if I have the pats turned off in my tune it should work right? Correct me if I am wrong. I have 2 keys already but the fobs are both broke where the key ring attaches so I was on ebay and I found this.

Brand New Ford 4 Button Keyless Clicker Remote Entry Flip Key Switchblade 80 Bit | eBay

I have a 2009 ford ranger as well and the keys are the same as far as the actual metal part goes so if it is cut to fit then with the pats turned off I dont see how it would not work

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
Can that vendor be contacted to ask them directly? Because it says that part isn't compatible with our cars.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
I'm not sure, I saw that it was not compatible but if the pats is turned off it shouldn't matter right?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Im not for sure so I don't want to give you a misleading answer on that.

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Just buy a new fob on amazon they're like $10

However if you disable pats in your tune and the keys are cut the same you should have no problem entering and turning on the car, iirc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts