Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last month I have been messing around the front end of my 07. I originally purchased the Cervinis billet grill which really didn’t do it for me.

By mustanggtr99 at 2011-04-05

Shortly after, I found a good deal on the CDC aggressive chin splitter which I have always loved. After the install something still wasn’t right.

The grill was too shiny for my taste so I decided to go matte black.

I love the way it came out. I am going for the Boss 429 look so I am going to pick up the Cervinis B9 hood and am contemplating hitting the rear spoiler with the matte black. Any thoughts on that?

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
you posted this twice...must be important. haha. btw your car looks sex with that splitter and the grill painted. Very nice touch OS2

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I am also looking at making some brackets to mount my fog lights behind the grill. I have seen it a few times and looks really nice. A matte black rear trunk panel might happen as well, not sure on that one though.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Looks much better with the black grill!!! Looks sharp... I have the CDC chin spoiler, and painted only the outsides.. Ill try to get a pic up.. Saw it on someones car and it was awesome!!! If you go on to american muscles site, and check out the customer pic's of the CDC classic chin spoiler, you will find a red car, and a white car with the sides painted.. Check it out..

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Thanks. I am also looking at making some brackets to mount my fog lights behind the grill. I have seen it a few times and looks really nice. A matte black rear trunk panel might happen as well, not sure on that one though.
Oh, Im down the the trunk panel being matte black!!!! I have the idea that when I put a new spoiler on the back, Ill bring the trunk in to the body shop and have them flat black the trunk panel.... No stickers for me...

Heres the spoiler
2005-09 Mustang GT California Dream Rear Wing

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reps, $40 is worth saving me the time and hastle

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Oh, Im down the the trunk panel being matte black!!!! I have the idea that when I put a new spoiler on the back, Ill bring the trunk in to the body shop and have them flat black the trunk panel.... No stickers for me...

Heres the spoiler
2005-09 Mustang GT California Dream Rear Wing
I realy wanted a ducktail but I want it to be matte black and I cant see a way to do it that would blend well.

Edit: Also, I was refering to the blackout pannel, not the sticker

·
Registered
151 Posts
hey mustang gtr 99, i sent u a pm a couple days ago, just need some input, can u please help me out.

by the way nice car, liking the color. i really dont like the 05-10 body types.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
The black flows much better. How about a black GT500 spoiler off the back?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rims. Must have rims! But like the grill alot better than stock!
Yes, I hate the rims to no extent. I plan on finding some of the factory bullitt style tims. I see them on CL all the time.

The black flows much better. How about a black GT500 spoiler off the back?
I am looking at that option as well. They are pretty cheap on ebay.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks pretty good but I like the matte black the most.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts