Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
56,754 miles, IS THAT AN AFTERMARKET SUPERCHARGER?
Is there any thing to look for on these cars, im new to fords

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yes that is a supercharger, you should ask the owner what all has been done to the car besides the supercharger. Thats not a bad price for the mileage and it being supercharged.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
price is about $2-4K too high then, depending on condition.

stock 02's can be had for about $7-9K, then mods are worth 25-50% of their new value, so its about a 10-12K car.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would be carefull buying a car that has been modded with a supercharger, or any big mods like that. If you don't know the original owner you should have someone knowlagable look over the car good.You don't know who installed it , if all the supporting mods were done and if it has a blower on it it probably wasn't driven easy. Just be carefull before you jump into it.

·
Registered
991 Posts
lol +3,4,5,6

I would be carefull buying a car that has been modded with a supercharger, or any big mods like that. If you don't know the original owner you should have someone knowlagable look over the car good.You don't know who installed it , if all the supporting mods were done and if it has a blower on it it probably wasn't driven easy. Just be carefull before you jump into it.
x2 100%

·
Registered
991 Posts
not only is that a disgrace to mustangs but cars in general i have seen the most riced out ricers ever and they had better spoilers dont even take it off rip it off and torch it

·
Registered
748 Posts
:yes definitely...be cautious...not say its a bad deal or idea...just be careful.

check the upper part of the radiator....if i rememerb correctly some fabing/bending of the upper rails of the radiator need to be done in order to get the inlet pipe to fit on the procharger....wonder how nicely that was done....wonder how much attention to detail was taken into consideration by the previous onwer and his modification of that car.(could of swore i sawit/readit in my MM & FF)
and that wing has to go...i dont like the cobra r wing....even if properly done. (IMO)

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Cautious means be careful. If the car has been well taken car of, you could be getting a car that would take you $16,000-18,000 to build. When you test drive the car you need to look for exactly the same things that you would look for in a stock car. Does it burn oil? Does the transmission shift smoothly? How are the brakes? etc, etc. Check the car out and don't be afraid of it just because it has a supercharger. Not all of us with superchargers abuse our cars.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Cautious means be careful. If the car has been well taken car of, you could be getting a car that would take you $16,000-18,000 to build. When you test drive the car you need to look for exactly the same things that you would look for in a stock car. Does it burn oil? Does the transmission shift smoothly? How are the brakes? etc, etc. Check the car out and don't be afraid of it just because it has a supercharger. Not all of us with superchargers abuse our cars.
well alittle here and there lol check the tires brakes tranny oil check the engine bay check the door jambs and make sure all the body panels line up properly

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts