Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to say hey to everyone, recently picked up a 04 Mach 1 for my first Mustang about 2 weeks ago. Decided to come to the mustang world after my friend introducing me to his 93 stroked coupe and his 95 GT and seeing how easy they were to work on and how affordable the parts seem to be. That being said, I absolutely love my 4v 4.6 in my Mach 1 also a previous owner had Flowmasters put on it and new piping from the header back and it sounds amazing. I think my next upgrade is going to be a JLT fender mounted CAI and then I'll go from there.

·
He who wipes so much.
1,465 Posts
Welcome from another Mach owner!!! Definitely look into getting some new gears!!!

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
Woooh! Mach 1 FTW!

Welcome :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've actually done some reading on that and I'm curious how is highway driving with the 4.10 or 4.30? I honestly love how you can be cruising at less than 2000 rpm at say 60 mph. I come from owning a whole slew of 4 cyl where the gearing is so high that at 60 mph you're running at 2500rpm just to maintain 60. I hated that about the 4 bangers...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Torched, you have any pics of yours on the Eibach Sporlines? I'm interested in lowering it too but don't know how it's going to look, also how is your ride after the springs?

·
He who wipes so much.
1,465 Posts
I've actually done some reading on that and I'm curious how is highway driving with the 4.10 or 4.30? I honestly love how you can be cruising at less than 2000 rpm at say 60 mph. I come from owning a whole slew of 4 cyl where the gearing is so high that at 60 mph you're running at 2500rpm just to maintain 60. I hated that about the 4 bangers...
That's exactly about where I sit at when I'm on the highway at cruising speed. On 5th gear I sit at about 2k. What's even great is I don't have to downshift to get my kicks lol if I give more gas my speedometer keeps going up at a steady rate. Launches are ****ing amazing. I scratch all the way up to third gear, and that's not even on full throttle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's exactly about where I sit at when I'm on the highway at cruising speed. On 5th gear I sit at about 2k. What's even great is I don't have to downshift to get my kicks lol if I give more gas my speedometer keeps going up at a steady rate. Launches are ****ing amazing. I scratch all the way up to third gear, and that's not even on full throttle.
Based on this alone they are on the list LOL.

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
Torched, you have any pics of yours on the Eibach Sporlines? I'm interested in lowering it too but don't know how it's going to look, also how is your ride after the springs?
I'm actually on coil-overs now but here are some pictures for you, and the ride was fine with the sportlines!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Love the way that looks especially with the lipped mach 1 wheel in the back... Which by the way where do you get those... I have seen these random pics with the wide mach 1 wheel but cannot for the life of me find a place online to order them from, especially in the aluminum like that.

·
He who wipes so much.
1,465 Posts
Torched how much lowered is your car? I'm still trying to figure out how low mine is -.-

·
Gas.Clutch.Shift.Repeat.
1,674 Posts
Welcome!! :)

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
Love the way that looks especially with the lipped mach 1 wheel in the back... Which by the way where do you get those... I have seen these random pics with the wide mach 1 wheel but cannot for the life of me find a place online to order them from, especially in the aluminum like that.
My wheels are from AFS, they are kind of hard to come by. You might find some random people on here selling theirs. And thank you very much!!

Torched how much lowered is your car? I'm still trying to figure out how low mine is -.-
Mine was 1.7' lower in the front and 1.5' in the back with the sportlines. Since I've gone to coilovers, I'm 2' lower in the front and 1.8' in the back.

·
He who wipes so much.
1,465 Posts
My wheels are from AFS, they are kind of hard to come by. You might find some random people on here selling theirs. And thank you very much!!

Mine was 1.7' lower in the front and 1.5' in the back with the sportlines. Since I've gone to coilovers, I'm 2' lower in the front and 1.8' in the back.
Oh damn lol I think mines is a little lower, maybe I'm just retarded o_O lol. My feet can barely get under the chin spoiler with my shoes on. I always kick it on accident -.-

·
Livin' the Dream
303 Posts
welcome, post pics

·
GT 4.6 SOHC
270 Posts
Mach 1... :drool
I mean, welcome!
Welcome to MM ~ bunch of great people here!
:swordfight:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts