Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined the forums, well, today. And i know it is kind of dickish to start off by asking for advice, but **** it.

I bought my 09 GT 6 months ago. havent done much to it yet. A few cosmetics, and some straight pipe exhaust. and i am looking to lower it and put new shoes on it. was looking for suggestions on how far to lower and what type of wheels and tires.

Second question was about putting vinyl on the roof almost making a two tone but just the roof, was wondering if anyone has done this and how it looks on a white mustang. i did a search and found some pictures but was looking for more.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
welcome to MM, acpeanut
slam it to the ground!

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Hellfire, what are the dimensions of your wheels and tires? Do you have any tire-to-wheelwell contact, especially on bumps and tight turns?

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
I have 20's and steeda springs. Around 1 inch drop. Front wheels are 20 x 9 with 245/40 and in the rear 20 x 10 with 295/35 Nitto Invo tires. Nothing rubs and I love the look.

your car is screaming for a ducktail im not even joking.

OP welcome to MM

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
eibach pro kit drop. 20x10.5 and 20x8.5 MRR GT-1s

and war machine that hood is sexy.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
welcome to MM, acpeanut
slam it to the ground!
i will try
and thanks everyone for the info, hopefully will put it to good use.
i am buddies with a guy who is big into VW's (kinda gay i know) and he and his buddies have been giving me ideas and wanted to find out from real car drivers what the best is for my car.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Euro guys will always tell you to go way low and tuck the wheels (trust me im one of them 2) but on this car that is not what you do...........just need to get the stance right

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have 20's and steeda springs. Around 1 inch drop. Front wheels are 20 x 9 with 245/40 and in the rear 20 x 10 with 295/35 Nitto Invo tires. Nothing rubs and I love the look.

I want to make babies with your hood. Right now.

OP, welcome. I've got steeda sport springs and love the drop. front just slightly lower than the rear, ride is good and I dont bump/scrape anything

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What are your goals for the car? What do you like to do with it?
Currently I am doing alot of cosmetics.
Will eventually buy a cold air intake and maybe some other
speed items down the road but don't have that much cash currently

1 - 18 of 18 Posts