Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking around for something faster/lower mileage recently (currently in a 300m with 140k) and someone reccomended a GT. I first found a 2001 Bullitt Edition with only 55k miles on it for $9900 at a large, reputable dealer in the Cities (Morrie's). I was going to go look at it, but never got a chance. Early this week the price dropped down even more to $8850 and then it sold.

So what's next? Well scrolling around CL I found a '99 GT. But no normal GT. This is a procharged one with a built 4.6 making a tad bit over 450 wheel horse. I talked to the owner on the phone for a bit tonight... told me why he was selling and how long he owned and all that. He said the body has approximately 60k miles and the built motor has approx. 15k on it.

"Description:
609 HP with 457.73 RWHP Torque 418.73 This is a fast a good looking car. It has items I will list plus more I wont $41,000 in receipts. Low miles and as you can see great shape. New wheels 10.5" for rear and 9.5 front. Every part inside engine is upgraded cams, valves, pistons are SRS pistons, 8.8" Ring and Pinion 3.55, Coil over shocks, 31 Spline axles, Transmission completely built, 72# injectors and not to forget Procharger D1SC! Body is a Stalker"
What would you guys think of this? Reliable enough? Is there anyone on this car that throws up a red flag for you? I may go make the 2.5 hour trek to go look at it Saturday.

·
DEC '12 ROTM CO-Winner
5,081 Posts
The fact that it is an automatic kills it for me. And that must be an older picture because those aren't new wheels. Other than that it sounds ok to me. Was never crazy about the Stalker kit but that could be changed if you wanted.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, he has new rims that are still in the box. He said they are only 15" though... And yes, the wing would maybe come off. Body kit might be left... I'm not a huge fan of it but at the same time I think it'd be okay to drive with.

But what I posted for is that I am just merely looking for advice on if this would be a reliable DD with the Procharger? Anyone else have a procharger that has words of wisdom for me?

·
Poo tee weet?
2,646 Posts
That bodykit is horrible and those rims are not good either. That bullit you mention seems like it must have been a good deal. There's no driving a GT in a Minnesota winter, hope you have a winter beater.

Welcome to MM fellow Minnesotan

·
needs more boost
4,897 Posts
I would personally pass on that one. I would rather buy a stock car then one that someone already put a lot of money into plus I hate that body kit lol don't know why anyone ever does that

·
Thrbfirs..... Meat Eggs
4,398 Posts
Welcome! Number one question, how much is the seller asking?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts