Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just bought my 99 GT about a month ago, i have to say im totally hooked on mustangs. im addicted to just adding more to it, i love cars and have owned a few and the mustang is the most fun to drive. I bought my ny nustang from an 83 year old man who was the original owner its a 1999 mustang GT 35th anniversary 54,000 original miles, garage kept, 5 speed manual. have done a few things to it not a a lot ive only had it for a month let me know what you guys think of it, and please let me know what you think i should do next!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
554 Posts
What part of NY are you from? Id advice removing the SVT emblems, getting some newer headlights and maybe different rims & lower it if its not lowered( cant tell)

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
Nice color; it looks like it was well kept! Hopefully we can help you if you run into any problems, but hopefully we won't have to and you'll just keep telling us how you're enjoying it and making it better/ faster/ stronger.

Just a couple critiques, take them or leave them, it's your car and you do what makes you happy:
*Are the headlights cloudy? Perhaps new ones are in order.
*The stock suspension not only makes the ride feel *meh*, it makes the car look like a 4x4. Some better springs will make it look beastly.
*SVT emblems on a GT are looked down on. Be proud of the car you have, not the one you wish you did. Deleting those emblems would have happened before I even took pictures.
* Tires look ok, but these cars were made for the staggered, wide as hell tire look, so when your tires go bald, consider an upgrade.

Before you do any modifications to the car though, ask yourself, "What do I want out of this car?"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, im from long island, when i bought the car the only thing done to it unfortunely was the svt emblems and on the brakes svt and a x pipe, at first i was gonna take them off but than i reallized i mean they arent the svt badges that say svt and than cobra underneath, i mean my friend gives me crap about it having a svt badge but he has a gt with cobra front bumper, cobra spoiler, and cobra wheels, yet im the one posing, than i thought how i dont wanna make it look like a cobra so i wanted to take it off but was worried because i dont wanna scratch the paint trying to get it off or the paint to come off with it when i do, any ideas on how to take them off easily

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also agreed i love the way the mustangs look with a low stance and a wide rear wheelm looks great, any recomendations on lowering springs, and hows the install? i also just ordered a gt hood scoop

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:welcome to MM :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts