Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Shane and I'm from Trinity NC. My car is a 2005 GT. I bought the car used about 8 months agao and the problems soon followed. About a month after i bought my car it decided to go into engine failsafe mode. I didnt think much of it at first at first but it is geting more regular now. It threw codes for the TPS and TACM. This is where it gets interesting, until this point the only known mods on the car was a spectre CAI and a Pypes muffler delete. Well i did a lot of research and found that most of the time this problem would be solved by replacing the TPS. Well to my suprise, when i went to change the TPS the car has a BBK twin 62MM throttle body. I replaced the TPS and no luck. I did some more research and found that sometimes the voltage needs to be adjusted on the TPS. My problem is that i dont have the factory throttle body to get a base measurement from. I did check the voltage on the tps now and it bounces from 1.31-1.33. I adjusted it down a bit becasue that seems a little high. The car continues to go into failsafe engine mode. Im lost as to what to do next. I dont have the money to have the dealership to fix it. Please Help!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts