Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 3.8 auto convertible. I bought it as a project car and it's come a long way. I paid 2 grand and since then I've done the following:
replaced the engine w/ a 98 3.8 due to a spun rod bearing. (the next day, i learned about the split port option)
rebuilt the transmission.
new brakes, all the way around. (carbon fibers in the front)
new suspension (oem)
17" gt alloy rims, toyo semi-lo-pro tires.
tightened the throttle cable. this has been my fav mod so far, and it didn't cost me a dime.
cai from americanmuscle.com
new rear window.
180 thermostat
So far, I've got the car running great- time to dig into the fun stuff!
My to do list includes:
paint. mine's not bad, but it's covered in swirl marks and has too many scratches to count, not to mention a bad spot where the clear coat is flaking off on the hood.
gt front/rear bumper covers (my front bumper has a bit of yellow paint on it from someone hitting something..)
lowering springs
2.5" divorced duals. I'm going to go to autozone and buy the pipes along with 2 flowmaster 40s and fab the entire thing myself.
8.8" rear end with 4.10 gears.
75 dry shot of nitrous.
m112 kit.
shift kit. (built auto ftmfw)
fog lights.
move the battery to the trunk.
So far, that's all I have planned. I know for a fact that this list will grow, but this is all I'll be doing in the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol, i would but i'm on a depolyment in california right now. (army training thing, it sucks) and don't have any pics with me. I'm also a member of mustangforums.com, if anyone recognizes my sn.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rotc? yeah, i did that in hs... but i'm active army now, lol.
... well, reserves, but only for 2 more weeks. then i leave to recruiter school to start my agr career ^_^

·
RIP Dennis
76,432 Posts
Welcome To The Site...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts