Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Down for the count
2,018 Posts
well i think im a dumb **** and may have found my problem. I just put the pulley on. Imthinking the pulley may be stuck. Can i just take a file to it, or what is the "best way" to do it. :dunce:

Ill check to make sure i did not put the exciter wheel on backwards as well.

Also I did not do any of the engine work I paid a shop to do the assembly of the motor and he took pictures for me of the cam timing process. Ill have to find the invoice later but he said he had to advance timing 4* not 100% sure if that is okay.
You honestly need to have the timing cover off to grind it the right way. Use a Dremel and shave off very small bits at a time. You will go right through the cover if you aren't careful. You have to remove quite a bit of material. You also need to grind on the TDC and other timing marks on the cover to make the balancer fit.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I may have ill check when i pull the timing cover to clearance , I have a 10% OD crank pulley for my supercharger and I think my problem is my balancer is getting caught on the crank sensor mounting point. I plan to rent a crank pulley puller and buy a good dremal tool and see if doing this fixes my problem. Sucks I will not have time to work on my car until the weekend.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

I also emailed Innovators West and they emailed me pictures of what the timing cover should look like after using a dermal, so props to them for being quick in responding to me.

·
_
3,782 Posts
I may have ill check when i pull the timing cover to clearance , I have a 10% OD crank pulley for my supercharger and I think my problem is my balancer is getting caught on the crank sensor mounting point. I plan to rent a crank pulley puller and buy a good dremal tool and see if doing this fixes my problem. Sucks I will not have time to work on my car until the weekend.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

I also emailed Innovators West and they emailed me pictures of what the timing cover should look like after using a dermal, so props to them for being quick in responding to me.
Can you post those pictures?

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
what crank are you using? are you running a stroker kit?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
The trigger wheel may be on backwards, so I will check that when I pull my timing cover to trim it for the pulley. Pate its a stock 2003 forged cobra crank. Also Sage I will post the picture they sent me after I get off of work.
+1 on the pictures I'm getting ready to grind my cover just unsure how far in the balancer will sit I layed the cover down and set the balancer on it. Pretty easy to see how far out is needed.

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

I don't unfortunately. Here is another guy's cover though. He went too deep with the grinding, be careful like I said.

Even if this happens a little jb weld would probably seal this up

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
21 - 33 of 33 Posts