Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok not doin the P.I. swap or anything anymore just gonna get a new engine it will be a used P.i. or a 96-98 cobra other suggestions are welcome i dont have much money for it so.... dont say termi motor etc.

·
Registered
915 Posts
PI motor, its cheap and all you gotta do is just throw some cams in there and some bolt ons and a tune and bam......done

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea thats what im thinkin

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
why don't u want to do the swap.....?

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
i have a 02 5.4 coming out of my f-150 thats slightly knocking im thinking aobut using it ...

5.4 would be cool i jsut got on for my truck for 1400 with 60k on it complete with wireing

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why don't u want to do the swap.....?
i want to do the swap i cant myself and the cheapest price i got was 500

thats alot for me still in highschool and STILL CANT GET A DAMN JOB!!!!!!!
and thats just the cams next is the intake mani and then god knows how much thats gonna be

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
i want to do the swap i cant myself and the cheapest price i got was 500

thats alot for me still in highschool and STILL CANT GET A DAMN JOB!!!!!!!
and thats just the cams next is the intake mani and then god knows how much thats gonna be
so u think buying a used motor, pulling ur old one, and then dropping the knew one in is going to be cheaper then 500?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i would save up money obv, and then it would b lower mileage and already P.I. im just gonna do the swap though i guess my guy said 500 for the cams then ill worry about the intake mani

im just really dissapointed in my car after driving my friends today(03 full bult on full exhaust tuner gears etc....)

·
Registered
187 Posts
well i would save up money obv, and then it would b lower mileage and already P.I. im just gonna do the swap though i guess my guy said 500 for the cams then ill worry about the intake mani

im just really dissapointed in my car after driving my friends today(03 full bult on full exhaust tuner gears etc....)
i dont get it? if your dissapointed in his pi motor,and dont have alot of $$. then why the hell are you gonna do a pi motor swap? EVERYONE knows a npi with a pi swap puts down more power than a full pi motor.

in all honest oppinion, save about 3000$. if you really wanna feel something,and see a difference. or get your npi heads worked and throw in a stage 1 cam and there ya go. if not go pi heads, full port, new valves and stage 2 cam and youll definatly feel it. or just do your gears and forget about pi swaps. either way its gonna be over 1500 for a new cam+pi swap. or atleast 700$ for a motor swap.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
je said he was dissapointed with his car.......

he prolly only has about 190rwhp compared to his friends 270rwhp car...

low 13 second mustang>15 second mustang

·
Registered
915 Posts
I dont know why your so disappointed. All the 99-04 GT's I've driven (bone stock to full bolt ons) are turds.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
je said he was dissapointed with his car.......

he prolly only has about 190rwhp compared to his friends 270rwhp car...

low 13 second mustang>15 second mustang
lol more like 190 to 325 last dyno

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh did i mention the 3.73's goin on tommorow with lowering springs and his T/C in 3 months then his NX in 5 months they arent turds lol ur buggin

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well first of all its P.I. so he already has more full bolt ons gears exhaust headers he has his entire car worked on except cams and Boost and nitrous i am pretty sure his heads are ported his last dyno was like 313-325

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
well first of all its P.I. so he already has more full bolt ons gears exhaust headers he has his entire car worked on except cams and Boost and nitrous i am pretty sure his heads are ported his last dyno was like 313-325
i call :bs then dude.

no 2v PI motor will make those numbers unless it's got some serious cams in there. Ported heads with Stock PI cams are worth 5hp....., it's the combo of the 2 that really makes power.

ACMiller, pushed about 348rwhp with a fully worked motor. Cams, heads, block, bolt ons. But ACMiller is mad scientest when it comes to these cars, and not many have scene his results.

I'm not trying to single u out, I'm trying to tell u to go tell ur friend to stop talking ****. A 99% NPI GT is a joke to a stock PI GT, let alone 1 with full bolt ons.

So, in conclusion, either ur friends got heads/cam or he's talking ****. Have him sign up to the sight dude, and show us his car. If he's for real, he'll have no problem logging in for 5 minutes to shut me the **** up.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts