Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 02 Explorer or something that has a 5.0 HO in it with 10k miles my lil bro said it will bolt up and its only 300$ and he has a clutch for me for 200$ brand new stage 1 I think is this a good deal and will it hook up right?

I just got this car and i dont know how good the engine is so i figured Id get a new one for such a cheap price

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Hey guys I have a 02 Explorer or something that has a 5.0 HO in it with 10k miles my lil bro said it will bolt up and its only 300$ and he has a clutch for me for 200$ brand new stage 1 I think is this a good deal and will it hook up right?

I just got this car and i dont know how good the engine is so i figured Id get a new one for such a cheap price
it is the same thing and i believe it has gt 40 heads and intake.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
for 300 yeah the heads and intake alone are more than that

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok I'll tell him I'll take it, he traded some guy out of it and knew I just got a mustang better safe then sorry right =P I was told my clucth will be going sometime soon because my throw out bearing is rattling is that true? If not I wont change my clucth when I drop the new engine in

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
If you ever have the transmission or motor out, replace the clutch. Standard procedure.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so he is doing my engine he has a fox body so I gues I'll have him go ahead and do the clutch and we're cuttin the rust out well our dad is hope he does it right lol is there anything else I should do while motor is out or check or anything

·
Registered
423 Posts
check for any leaks that you cant see with it in like the freeze plug or intake manifold

(these dont leak often but i would because you dont know what has happend to eather engine)

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok thanks guys will be doin the transpant in a month to the day i hope i really kind of want to give it all shes got before I get rid of the motor just raw dog it but with my lucky i would break a axle, tranny, rear end, or something lol:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
The clutch is kinda weird. It's like "Damn, that guy just smoked me. How!?"

Then you're driving home and your car just stops accelerating. Happened to me in one night about a year ago, no warning whatsoever. Every 100k, replace it. I for one advocate the NOT miserable to drive clutch(king cobra). Just go with a real heavy OEM replacement. It's half as much money and shifts just as hard, half as long. Gets you under your car more. Knowledge is power!

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys, what kind of OEM clutch (sorry Im still learning lol)

and my lil bro is supposed to be tunein it for me spark plugs and what not is that what you mean?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts