Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody I am new to the street car scene. I am looking to trade my current ride in for something new. I currently drive a 2010 crew cab cummins that has dynoed 707hp 1611 ftlbs of tq with the water/meth off. I enjoy going fast! And the new mustang body style has really caught my eye. I am wanting around 600-650 hp daily driver. I love the 2013 Shelby GT500 but it is most likely out of my price range. Please help me determine if its a better idea to buy a new GT or new Boss 302 and mod to reach my HP goals? is the boss 302 actually worth the money or just buy a GT 5.0 and add mods? And which drivetrain will hold the power better auto or manual with upgraded clutch? Thanks for any input

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
A boss will have the immediate suspension needs to carry the car into 600hp range and support it well. If you want power first, then go with a GT. they have over 400 at the crank stock and the boss 302's have a few more i think but nothing much. Look at the price difference and think to yourself: " can this amount of money build me a good enough suspension on a gt for cheaper then the extra costs on the boss?" And "do i want to pay that extra for the name and styling of the boss?" Let questions like that determine your choice. Of course, though, the boss will be the choice for immediate power addage, but there are many reasons to build a gt!

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
I'm sure you'll get plenty of other help and opinions, though! Congrats on the new future ride!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Get a new gt throw a tvs blower on and upgrade the suspension youself.. end of story

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Buy a new gt for 35k out the door... Get a custom twin turbo setup from this guy in Florida (totally forgot his name... He works with Lund tuning sometimes) for 10 grand, get it tuned and then you'll have a 700hp beast! They went 9s with that setup! Good luck. Btw this is the wrong 5.0 section ;)

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
A boss will have the immediate suspension needs to carry the car into 600hp range and support it well. If you want power first, then go with a GT. they have over 400 at the crank stock and the boss 302's have a few more i think but nothing much. Look at the price difference and think to yourself: " can this amount of money build me a good enough suspension on a gt for cheaper then the extra costs on the boss?" And "do i want to pay that extra for the name and styling of the boss?" Let questions like that determine your choice. Of course, though, the boss will be the choice for immediate power addage, but there are many reasons to build a gt!
The motor between the boss and the coyote is completely different.

Op, first off. That's a **** ton of tq. Ever taken that down a track? Wickedsnake is gonna **** himself once he sees this thread (he works for cummins)

Second, the boss has a fully forged motor I believe. If it isn't fully forged, it's got some forged parts I know. Surpringly, the autos hold up better than the manual transmissions in these cars. The stupid Chinese made trannys have gone out more than the autos have.

However, the boss was made as a road course car and has the suspension to do so. If you are more of a drag, straight line person, I'd say get a gt. that way you can spend the money saved on the suspension for drag racing.

Any supercharger or turbo will get you to your power goals. Simply, pick which type you want. :lol

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts