Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my name is Chris and I'm from New Castle, PA. I just bought a mustang 2 days ago and I absolutely love it. It is my first car but I have been driving other peoples cars for two years now. I love cars and always have. I always wanted a mustang but didn't expect to be driving one home when I went to the dealership. It runs great and has no problems.

Now about the car. Its a 1998 Mustang 3.8 liter V6. Red. 148k miles but looks inside and out like brand new. For a V6 it really is a quick little car. Its not quite the base model. Has Anti-Lock brakes, electric driver seat, CD player, Has upgraded rims, Daul air bags, spoiler, and a few other options I'm missing.

I do have a few questions. They would probably do better in the V6 section but I'm gonna ask em here anyway.

1. I want to make more power. Next summer I will be doing it. I think its best to wait till after winter. What do you recommend along the lines of nice power on a budget? These are my ideas so far.

A. Dual exhaust. Flowmaster. Should sound great.

B. Performance headers.

C. Performance chip.

D. K&N cold air intake.

What kind of power do you think this will make? Any estimations on cost? Anything else you think would be a good Idea?

2. I hear from everyone that the V6 does the "one tire fire" burnout. As in it only breaks one tire loose. Is it odd that my v6 breaks both tires loose, sends up clouds of white smoke and will spin em as long as I dont let off the gas, even after I let off the break?

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:welcome to MM :)

I am as well from PA

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
U near the west end? And pictures to come soon. Probably tomorrow.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Welcome to MM

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Welcome to the Family, and congrats on the new purchase!! let the modding begin......:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts