Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
yea there were only about 2500 to 3000 (not sure of the exact number) of the 40 anniversary edition made, which were made with the stripes... All 2004's ave the badge on the fender, but there are a few thousand which are true 40th anniversary editions...
there was also a factory option to have painted mirrors and stripes put on which was called the 40th anniversary package
all the true 40th anniversaries had wingless trunklids as well.

40th Anniversary edtions were:
either Oxford White or Crimson Red
had Gold stripes
Had 03/04 cobra mirrors
and GT 40th anniversary editions had gold bullitt wheels

this is a V6 40th anniversary with the Gold 40th Anniversary GT bullitts

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The guy i bought my car from gave me the fog lights i just need to install them, or sell. Im debating both. Thxs for the sugestions

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
all the true 40th anniversaries had wingless trunklids as well.

40th Anniversary edtions were:
either Oxford White or Crimson Red
had Gold stripes
Had 03/04 cobra mirrors
and GT 40th anniversary editions had gold bullitt wheels

this is a V6 40th anniversary with the Gold 40th Anniversary GT bullitts

:bs

Before I had my termi I had a 40th anny and it didn't have termi mirrors, and it was sonic blue.

The only cars to come from the factory stock with the 03/04 cobra mirrors...are the 03/04 cobras. Thats why they are called the 03/04 cobra mirrors. And my GT had anthracite bullitt wheels, and a wing, but it was still a 40th anny.

The one you pictured has been modded, you can even see it has a GT rear bumper with dual exhaust in the last picture, and a mach 1 chin spoiler, lowered, the termi mirrors, and a sunroof.

·
Registered
356 Posts
:bs

Before I had my termi I had a 40th anny and it didn't have termi mirrors, and it was sonic blue.

The only cars to come from the factory stock with the 03/04 cobra mirrors...are the 03/04 cobras. Thats why they are called the 03/04 cobra mirrors. And my GT had anthracite bullitt wheels, and a wing, but it was still a 40th anny.

The one you pictured has been modded, you can even see it has a GT rear bumper with dual exhaust in the last picture, and a mach 1 chin spoiler, lowered, the termi mirrors, and a sunroof.
:no Are you sure it was a 40th anniversary? Did it say that on the title? Because they were very rare cars (Only 5700 Made)... Just having the badge did not make it a 40th anniversary, because every 2004 was given the badge on the fender. The only colors they came in were crimson red, white, and black. I know every 40th anniversary had the special mods, such as the stripes, bigger head rests, painted fold-in mirrors, 40th anniversary floor mats, and interior trim upgrades. If your car did not have these mods, it ws not a 40th anniversary edition.

Here is a picture of a true 40th anniversary edition...

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
My response to your questions would depend alot on pics. Do you have pics?

Are you a day-to-day driver, or is this a 2nd or 3rd car?

I dont believe in EXTREME mods, visual or mechnical.

Id go for:
1.) Chin scoop - just helps the appearance of the car.

2.) Stripes - I have th Mach 1 stripe. The classic 2 stripe might work good on red. Im debating a C Stripe.

3.) Black spoiler paint, or just remove the spoiler - overall look of the car.

4.) Better CAI. Depending on price you can spend $80 - $350. Spectre makes the cheapest. I tried it...took it off and returned it. Too much plastic.

5.) If youre worried about the MPG which Ive varied from 14MPG upto 18MPG you can get the rear seat display. Removed about 90lbs of dead weight if you dont have to drive around 2-3 people.

·
Ginger with No Soul
1,124 Posts
Mach 1 grille delete ($105), Mach 1 chin spoiler ($99.99), 8" shorty antenna ($19.99), bumper insert letters would look good on red (price varies on stainless steel or vinyl). Another thing I did with mine was put chrome inserts in the scoops (not a fan of the honeycombs there). The interior you could change the knobs and get a bezel ring-they are pretty affordable. That is a good start for the visual mods. Welcome to the modifying addiction:D

·
Registered
978 Posts
i have a 40th Anniversary Edition Black mustang (says on the title....yes i finally own it) and it came with none of the mods mentioned before. but it looks nothing like it started as before, she has undergone alot of surgery.

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
yea I agree, I had good reception till the shorty was put in... Good thing I have a USB connection for the ipod :)
so did i, b4 the shorty
if you get a 8 inch antenna burn alot of CDs because your not going to get good radio reception, least i dont

Are you using the stock Ford AM/FM/CD/Cassette? If so and it's not "new" (1-5 years), change it for a new stock radio or whatever non-Ford one you want. My family has owned 4 Fords from 1990 - current and all the radios have the same problem - reception and popping issues.

·
Registered
281 Posts
i have a 40th Anniversary Edition Black mustang (says on the title....yes i finally own it) and it came with none of the mods mentioned before. but it looks nothing like it started as before, she has undergone alot of surgery.
are you sure its not a centennial edition? those came in black in 04. do you have a pic from when you got it?

·
Registered
281 Posts
yes, because if it was a 40th anniversary edition the mods would have to have been taken off of the car because every 40th edition came with the mods
i am confused as to why he says here has a true 40th anniversary edition, yet doesnt have any of the special parts

·
Registered
281 Posts
American Muscle Website said:
The GT went unchanged for 2004, but a new package called the 40th Anniversary Edition was offered on the base and GT models. A new color, Crimson Red, was offered only on the 40th Anniversary Edition. The only other colors offered were Black and Oxford White. 40th Anniversary Edition models also came with premium wheels, body-color fold in mirrors, "40th Anniversary" floormats, and beige stripes on the trunk, hood, and sides. They also came with an interior upgrade package which included larger headrests and silver-colored interior trim. Only 5700 of the 40th Anniversary Edition Mustangs were made.
straight from AM

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I have a BBK Cold Air Intake on my car that came with it when i bought it , how might I be able to get the airfilter out to clean it? btw

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I have a BBK Cold Air Intake on my car that came with it when i bought it , how might I be able to get the airfilter out to clean it? btw
If it is just like mine then it is a fenderwell mount CAI. To get to it you could go up trough the splash shield in the fenderwall and unhook the clamp connecting the filter to the inlet tube.

You could also take out the plate, or whatever it is called, that is connected to the fender and unhook the MAS and the lower inlet tube and pull out the filter that way. Its all up to you.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts