Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys!! I decided to change things up with my 2013 GT and add some power and change the sound of the car. I got the JBA Offroad Xpipe from American Muscle and installed it and kept my Pypes Pype Bomb axle back for now and the car sounds INSANE! I'm loving the way it sounds, but it is definitely loud and pretty raspy (although not as bad as it seems in the video) so I'll be switching the axle back soon. Anyway here's a couple videos I did today just talking about the xpipe and why I chose this one and a video letting you hear some idle and revving with the new exhaust. Let me know what you think!!

And stay tuned for more videos! (cam idle, new axle back etc)

Idle and Revving​

Flyby​

Discussing the JBA Xpipe​

And here's a photo showing difference between the factory midpipe setup and the JBA!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow. That does sound raspy in the video. Lol
Lol yeah it doesn't sound that raspy in real life. It's hard to capture the sound on a camera.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'd be interested to hear it with stock axle back , I think thats the direction I'm going , I'm over loud .

·
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday
6,530 Posts
I'm very bias towards JBA. I have had 3 exhaust from them and the quilty and sound has been grabage.

Keeping the stock axle back piping with the resonators creates a lot of back pressure and rasp. I would go to an exhaust shop cut out the resonators. Quick 100 dollar upgrade that's worth it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm switching to the GT500 axle back that will quiet it down a ton. I'll be posting a video in the next couple days
Good choice indeed. I am not a fan of the pypes axle back at all.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm very bias towards JBA. I have had 3 exhaust from them and the quilty and sound has been grabage.

Keeping the stock axle back piping with the resonators creates a lot of back pressure and rasp. I would go to an exhaust shop cut out the resonators. Quick 100 dollar upgrade that's worth it.
I gotta say the quality of this xpipe was great. Fitment was great and the welds look perfect.

·
6,530 Posts
I gotta say the quality of this xpipe was great. Fitment was great and the welds look perfect.
Yeah most members have said they steped there game up. See how it sounds with the GT500 mufflers. It will tone down the rasp, and give it a more throaty exhaust note fo sho'.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Good choice indeed. I am not a fan of the pypes axle back at all.
Pypes sux ! I had mod the f*** outa there x pipe to get it to fit on my 01gt , total garbage . I will no longer cheep out on exhaust .

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yeah most members have said they steped there game up. See how it sounds with the GT500 mufflers. It will tone down the rasp, and give it a more throaty exhaust note fo sho'.
def wanna hear it , in car also if possible .

·
6,530 Posts
Marc has GT500 axle backs and he loves them.

I know notting about loud exhaust :shiftyeyes.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Gt500 cans sound damn nice , reminds me of my full akrapovich on the rr .

·
Registered
76 Posts
I used a BBR X-Pipe, stock pipe, to include the resonators, all the way back to the mufflers which are Flowmaster Super 44's. No raspiness at all and I cannot even begin to recall how many people have complimented me on my exhaust. And in car, it sounds crisp and clean, even at the drone inducing 60mph in 6th gear.

OP, if you remove the resonators, it tends to make the raspiness even worse from what I've heard at my local Mustang club.

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
I really love the sound actually

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a X-pipe on my 98 Cobra and I think it sounds very much like a super-car ish sound. Not to raspy but just enough. Car has V-2trim,GT40 cams,headers and flowmasters.

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Wow, that sounds awesome Jeff! I'm glad to see that you decided to go with the JBA O/R X.

Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the future!

-Dan

1 - 20 of 24 Posts