Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased 1999 GT convertible one owner with 69k on it. The car is factory original with no aftermarket parts. I am wanting to lower car with ford C springs, install saleen style 18/9 10 staggered wheel tire package, J&M caster camber plates, tokico shocks struts, cold air intake kit, & convertible styling bar. Have my shopping carts full at American Muscle and also at Cruizin Concepts, both are about the same on prices, which is better to order from? Have read through numerous post on here trying to figure out best bang for the money. Wondering if anybody else on here have installed exact same parts, and if they are happy with results. Also need to know if I have forgotten anything that I might need to make this look and ride the best. Thanks for any advice provided, foyboy.

·
Registered
890 Posts
welll welcome.

·
MM Gaming Guru
5,692 Posts
I may be a little biased as I'm a long time customer of AM, but I would highly recommend them. I have heard more negative stories about CC than AM, plus AM has free shipping on everything except freight items. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
321 Posts
i'd go with am as i've used them before and haven't had ANY trouble and if someone does have an issue i've seen chris from am on here quite regularly and he's always willing to help you out. i've heard lots of bad stories about cc though

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'd go with American Muscle also. Great service. Plus the give us a forum discount. Contact the AM rep on this site to have them send it to you. I've ordered just about everything on my car from American Muscle and never had a single issue. Great Company.

·
Registered
340 Posts
congrats on the ride.....I've had my 00 for 11 years now...currently at speedshop...I am using the eibach pro-kit along with Maximum Motorsports caster camber plates...for wheels i am using BBS RK'S staggered...245/40/18 in the front and 285/35/18's in the rear.....i use AM, CJ pony parts to name a few...

·
Registered
249 Posts
I ordered 18x9 18x10 Chrome Saleens from CC with

265/35 front Nitto NT555
285 35 back Nitto NT555

$1300 shipped. Came in 5 business days. Can't beat that. Also not a fan of the dumb AM center caps that say "American Muscle" Looks horrible.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I would look into CJPonyParts as well. They don't have the same exact selection as AM but they beat some of their prices.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I couldn't believe it myself, that it is totally stock, still has cheap paper air filter in it. Have read the forums on traction control, trying to figure out if I have it on or off. Is there a light in the switch that comes on when its engaged?

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Go with American Muscle as the others have said. As far as the traction control, I would turn it off. It is automatically turned on every time you start your car. Just hit the button to turn it off. You can of course get a hand held tuner that will turn it off, but hitting the button vs. spending $400 is a no brainer in my book.
Once again, welcome to the forums.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Welcome to MM and congrats on the new ride! I've never used Cruzin Concepts but AM is great. I didn't see a tuner on your list, if it was me I'd bag the $400+ on the cai and styling bar... and start off with an SCT X3 w/ tunes for life.. Even more so if your new pony is an auto..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I understand what your saying about traction control "just turn it off everytime the car is started". What I am wanting to know is if there is an "idiot" light in the swithch or on instrument cluster that comes on or off with traction control. Or do I just dump the clutch and light tires up to verify for sure if it on or off. Hope you says there's a light.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts