Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am buying a mustang GT but just curious what u guys think about the look.. its a GT but it has cobra emblems and a Roush body kit and it says Roush on the side skirts in red with the side exhaust.. so should i put the GT emblems back on or does it look ok right now ?? i just dont want to drive around and real mustang owners wondering why my body kit says Roush and i have Cobra emblems but the bumper only says mustang and not Cobra lol picture should be attached

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Stang.... Roush Body Kit Roush/Magnaflo Exhaust Autometer Gauges K&N Air Intake Cobra Wheels Tokico 1.75 Lowering Kit Tokico 5 Way Adjustable Struts Hotchkis Sway Bars Hotchkis Camber/Caster Kit SCT Tuning Hypertech Programmer Baer Track Brake Kit MSD Ignition

·
Registered
266 Posts
So what you're sayin is it's a GT/Roush/Cobra? I would at least take the Cobra badges off (unless there's a Cobra motor inside) and place the GT badges on.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
I'd definitely ditch the Cobra emblems, but Roush made cars that were just appearance/suspension packages, so I don't see any reason to remove those if you like the look.

·
Registered
266 Posts
My Stang.... Roush Body Kit Roush/Magnaflo Exhaust Autometer Gauges K&N Air Intake Cobra Wheels Tokico 1.75 Lowering Kit Tokico 5 Way Adjustable Struts Hotchkis Sway Bars Hotchkis Camber/Caster Kit SCT Tuning Hypertech Programmer Baer Track Brake Kit MSD Ignition
is it a 99? what engine is under the hood?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its a 2000 GT and ill have to look when i go monday to see motor lol. i like the look myself but what do i say when ppl ask what mustang do i have ?? i play it off as cobra or say its a GT with Roush kit lol

·
Registered
266 Posts
just say it's a Froush, unless of course there is a Roush charger under the hood. Which in truth I'd tell them it's a Roush.
Come to think of it after reading the list of mods, it could be a Stage II Roush.

get some of these wheels and fender badges and your IN!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Froush haahaa i like. no i dont believe ther is a roush engine under the hood :/ can i just say its a cobra since it has the emblems and cobra rims and say it has the roush kit lol ?? i like the look tho super clean drives great !

·
Registered
266 Posts
Fobra perhaps, Cobra NEVER!
Tell them it's a Stage II Roush

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow those look just like mine lol so the one mustang pic u have is mustang GT with stage 2 roush kit and performance parts ? i am not familiar with the whole Roush mustang ..

·
Registered
266 Posts
Froush haahaa i like. no i dont believe ther is a roush engine under the hood :/ can i just say its a cobra since it has the emblems and cobra rims and say it has the roush kit lol ?? i like the look tho super clean drives great !
NO! I don't believe Roush ever modded Cobra's, Saleen did.

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Don't say its a cobra if its not, thats gay. Take off the cobra badges if its not a cobra.

Either leave them off or put GT back on.

·
Registered
266 Posts
wow those look just like mine lol so the one mustang pic u have is mustang GT with stage 2 roush kit and performance parts ? i am not familiar with the whole Roush mustang ..
IIRC Roush Stage I was basically minor engine stuff (cold air) cosmetics (spoilers, side skirts, wing ,front fascia)

Stage II got upgraded suspension and brakes.

Stage III has all of the above plus the S/C engine

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Black89gt i like the honesty but when i take the cobra emblems off and place the gt on wont the out line of the cobra show a diff in color :/

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Black89gt i like the honesty but when i take the cobra emblems off and place the gt on wont the out line of the cobra show a diff in color :/
Depends how long they were on, I doubt they will.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I doubt it, just heat the badges up a little and peel off. If they are stubborn get some dental floss and slide behind it to loosen the adhesive. Remove any residue with alcohol, wipe clean and wax should be good as new.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Don't say its a cobra if its not, thats gay. Take off the cobra badges if its not a cobra.

....."________"-insert quote here

·
Banned
3,385 Posts

Also don't say your car's a turbocharged fox while it isn't even close to being ^^^

I'd ditch the cobra emblems right away and swap to the rousch emblems and consider it a stage two for people that ask since it basically is.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts