Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Hoodrat
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Christmas just came and I had a little money saved up for the mustang :baller: I got some parts for Christmas, and just ordered some.

03-03 Cobra Rims (Chrome)-17x9,17x10.5
Nitto 555-255/40/17, 315/35/17
BBK Strut Tower Brace
Mustang Trunk Mat
BBK Underdrive Pulleys
Hood Struts
New GT Emblems
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter

Have any of y'all tried out these parts? Pro's and Con's?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I wouldn't use BBK anything. Never mind a balancer. If you get underprice pulleys get Steeda or none

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
The Nittos are a great street tire I am running them now. The hood struts are awesome! I love mine. And I also wouldnt go with the BBK underdrive pulleys. I would recommend going with the steeda underdrive pulleys.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
I wouldn't use BBK anything. Never mind a balancer. If you get underprice pulleys get Steeda or none
+1. Get rid of the pulleys.

·
Hoodrat
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too late guys..I already ordered the pulleys. Figured the serpentine belt needed to be changed after 75,000 miles so i'd change out the pulleys as well :O what's so bad about them?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Cancel that **** then. If the balancer isn't balanced perfectly, it can vibrate and wipe out the oil pump. I wouldn't use then if someone gave them to me.

And I ment underdrive. Phone auto corrected.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
BBK is cheaply made. There exhaust products are junk. I know for experience. There throttle body's stick and suck, again I know from experience. They can't make a throttle body never mind a balancer

·
Hoodrat
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've heard good things about the Nitto's and one of my tires now has had a slowww leak in it for a while. Filling your tires up every couple of days sucks. So i'm sure anything will be better hahaha. And I haven't had any issues with my BBK stuff yet either

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Nitto's are fine on n/a, with boost, you might as well be launching on sumitomo's lol

steeda tri-ax is good OP - had one in my v6 and loved it

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
The nittos will be just fine for you. I ran them on my old gt and this gt. They were great until I added the blower.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I've heard good things about the Nitto's and one of my tires now has had a slowww leak in it for a while. Filling your tires up every couple of days sucks. So i'm sure anything will be better hahaha. And I haven't had any issues with my BBK stuff yet either
You asked us pros and cons of your parts. We told you BBK sucks go with steeda....

·
Hoodrat
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, thank you guys for your opinions :)
If the BBK's are that bad, then so be it. My pulleys have a mean squeak, so hopefully they'll fix it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts