Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered my Pypes offroad X-pipe and picked up my BBK shorties tonight finally. Gotta get new studs for them but you can't beat $50. X-pipe should be in Saturday or Monday hopefully. I'll put up before and after videos when I get everything installed for you guys with questions about sound difference between h and x pipes :)

I'll put the before video up now so I forget. This was taken in april but this is the current setup, Mac shorties, Mac o/r h-pipe, Mac flowpath's dumped.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
i doubt its gona sound much different to be honest, maybe a lil raspier

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have the pypes o/r x-pipe and it hangs pretty low. I hope your car is not lowered or it will scrape on tall speed bumps.

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i doubt its gona sound much different to be honest, maybe a lil raspier
There's a guy that always comes in my work with an x and dumped macs. its actually a little louder and has a different tone. but we will see. Im excited

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
I have the pypes o/r x-pipe and it hangs pretty low. I hope your car is not lowered or it will scrape on tall speed bumps.
mine doesn't sit low at all.. it's all in how you install it honestly. I always put a jack under the center of it and jack it up until it's where I want it then tighten down all flanges

i'd say the x pipe will be slightly raspier at most but you'll like it

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mine doesn't sit low at all.. it's all in how you install it honestly. I always put a jack under the center of it and jack it up until it's where I want it then tighten down all flanges

i'd say the x pipe will be slightly raspier at most but you'll like it
I was gonna go with another h... but I've had h pipes on both of my foxes. Time for something new. Latemodelresto called me today and had to put it on hold because I put in the wrong shipping address lol. Getting it sent to my friend's house.. But hopefully it will be here wednesday at the latest.

Anyone know where I can get header flange studs for BBK's? One is broken and one is missing.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Maybe it's my headers but there is no way to shorten the down pipe leaving the collector other than cuttin and weldin. Thats what makes it sit low. from the x back it is fine. Dunno, maybe I'm just a retard!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts