Registered
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A full tenth faster at this track.

Car #113 if you couldn't guess.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
You could mid 11s with a 1.5 60ft. Great run nonetheless!

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
That other guys 60ft damn that's slow, what car was it?

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With those times you could run with a bolt-ons Coyote 5.0, Boss 302, and the new GT350, but you might wanna avoid snoozing on the start line next time. ;)
Wasn't worried about RT. I told the guy I would let him have the hit so I went off him.

Whats the DA like out there?
I'll have to look it up.

Usually in the 3-4000 range depending on the heat
I got a feeling it was about half of that. They had some decent air last night.

You could mid 11s with a 1.5 60ft. Great run nonetheless!
Track prep and foot braking don't always make for the best 60's. I've run 11.6 in Bakersfield with 1.60's.

That other guys 60ft damn that's slow, what car was it?
Pretty stock looking new edge. Sounded like it had exhaust.

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
870 Posts
Grats, what are your plans with the 60' ? So much more there to grab. I have to do springs yet and get the shock settings right. I would kill for a 1.5 as 1.79 seems to be my avg 60' when I get a good hit off the line. The Line Loc this coming season will be in use the whole season since last season I did not install it until the last month and we got rained on almost everyday I had off which I only seen 2 days off every other weekend and only got to use it one event. 60'ft is so critical and decides the race just as much as the RT.

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Grats, what are your plans with the 60' ? So much more there to grab. I have to do springs yet and get the shock settings right. I would kill for a 1.5 as 1.79 seems to be my avg 60' when I get a good hit off the line. The Line Loc this coming season will be in use the whole season since last season I did not install it until the last month and we got rained on almost everyday I had off which I only seen 2 days off every other weekend and only got to use it one event. 60'ft is so critical and decides the race just as much as the RT.
Well I had my converter re-stalled to a lower rpm for street-ability and longevity issues with the transmission. But one day there will be a 4r70 or L80e with a trans brake. This ought to get me some much better 60's, but right now it's tough off the foot brake. Track conditions are hit and miss here too. I also went with some fixed Lakewood drag shocks. The dbl adj Vikings were giving me a headache with all of the adjust-ability. I was going crazy changing settings all the time and guessing where it needed to be set at all the time.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Well I had my converter re-stalled to a lower rpm for street-ability and longevity issues with the transmission. But one day there will be a 4r70 or L80e with a trans brake. This ought to get me some much better 60's, but right now it's tough off the foot brake. Track conditions are hit and miss here too. I also went with some fixed Lakewood drag shocks. The dbl adj Vikings were giving me a headache with all of the adjust-ability. I was going crazy changing settings all the time and guessing where it needed to be set at all the time.
I am at a 3k stall and yes because I like driving on the street too...but a 3,800 would be nice. and I have those same shocks. I started a log book on settings on my phone where and what happened and the settings. Too bad I am running in a street class behind the Test and Tune crowd with no track clean up between. It is a challenge and makes coming off the line unpredictable so getting it under control is not always the fault of the shocks or the drag radials. My RT's are so far off now because I am not thinking about it and focused more on all the other crap going on getting up to the line. I'll get them figured out after looking at enough data on the spread sheet and will be making smaller adjustments on the shocks once I figure out what a base setting will be. I am running with others who are getting 1.4 60's with these track conditions so I know I can improve it is just getting the right balance. IC is one of them. I have still yet to figure out how much I am upsetting the 60' moving the control arms up and down...and then there is the 30 lbs I am trying to lose...lol.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nice time !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts