Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Personal Best (w/video)

I've been itching to bracket race, but I had a buddy who wanted to race so I went to another TnT tonight. I bested my previous fast ET and 60' time. The car ran a 8.32 @ 81.99 mph with a 1.72 60' launching at 4800. I'm sooo close to a 1.6x 60'. I tried bumping my two-step up to 5300, but there was a little too much wheel spin and the 60' fell off, so I put it back.

Here's the video from tonight. First run is my first of the night and best. The second run is the one against my buddy in his supercharged 05 v6. The last is against another friend of mine just screwing around in his truck.

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
Damn. That car moves. Good job.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
what suspension does that have? great launch man!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Damn. That car moves. Good job.
Thanks.

what suspension does that have? great launch man!
Thanks, bro. Suspension is completely stock except for subframe connectors and removed front sway bar. I have Baseline ucas/lcas, Strange shocks and an airbag waiting to go on.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
sounds like you missed 3rd while racing your buddy lol

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds like you missed 3rd while racing your buddy lol
Ssshhh. :confused:

I did. Still beat him by .4, though. I've had my driveshaft out twice without adding any transmission fluid. I'm beginning to think it's a little low and it's a little harder to get in gear or something. I never had a problem with that until last time at the track. I'm going to top it off before I go next time. I guess it COULD be me with the shifts...but I'm going to go with the fluid. :yes

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
get some shocks on that thing to keep it from unloading after launch and get some travel limiters on the front and it will knock you 60's down

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
get some shocks on that thing to keep it from unloading after launch and get some travel limiters on the front and it will knock you 60's down
Oops. Forgot to mention above that I had Strange adjustables waiting to be put on as well. I'll have the rear suspension done before I go back.

I may start saving up for a k-member with coilovers next. I wouldn't need the travel limiters with COs, right?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
i would, it will keep the front front raising the front to full stroke of the strut.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But...but...how am I ever supposed to put it on the rear bumper if I limit the travel in the front. ;)

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Putting it on the rear bumper is fun to look at, but unfortunately isn't good for your times, and tends to tear **** up when it comes back down.........:eek:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Putting it on the rear bumper is fun to look at, but unfortunately isn't good for your times, and tends to tear **** up when it comes back down.........:eek:
Yeah. I know. I was being facetious. I've seen a bunch of guys bust oil pans and break a-arms standing them up like that.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Yeah, a guy I work with has an X275 car that used to have a big wheelstand problem, and he'd typically get one run in taking it easy, and then step on it, stand it up, and then when it would come back down, it would flatten the headers and oilpan and bent the front wheels the last time it did it.

He spent a lot of money over the winter to redo some things in the suspension to get it to calm down off the line.

This was how it left last year:

And this is how it's leaving now:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was there for this one. I don't know what in the world possessed him to hit the brakes...that did him in.

·
Registered
985 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts