Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I didnt quite get to where I was wanting to be but this was my first time running the car with the new setup and last night I ran a 12.41 @ only 107.89mph ...it was pretty cold and even on the Mickeys I as spinning off the line and only cuttin 1.7x 60 ft...the wind coming at me didnt help too much either...but all in all they were pretty decent times but my traps were way too low...

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Well I didnt quite get to where I was wanting to be but this was my first time running the car with the new setup and last night I ran a 12.41 @ only 107.89mph ...it was pretty cold and even on the Mickeys I as spinning off the line and only cuttin 1.7x 60 ft...the wind coming at me didnt help too much either...but all in all they were pretty decent times but my traps were way too low...

Pretty darn good times man. Congrats

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty darn good times man. Congrats
Thanks man...it was pretty cold and I was still spinning off the line and had about a 15-20 mph head wind...hopefully next season I can do even better...to me my trap seems kinda low for the ET...what do you think?!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What rpms are you leaving at.
I was leaving anywhere from 4000 rpms to 6000 rpms at most...I was driving on 26x11.50-17 Mickey Thompson ET Streets Bias ply at about 15lbs of pressure...the track was kinda cold tho...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its a good job on your part though anyway you look at it
Thanks a lot man...yeah I know the H is killin the top end for sure...but I am definately on the hunt for 11s...underdrives will definately be in the near future...and what do you mean by shortbelting it...Ive seen you tell people to do this before but never really understood it lol

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
also the reason I was thinking the trap was low was that last season with just a tune/intake and the mickeys I ran a 12.76 @ 108.88 so I has 1 MPH faster and .35 slower...I figured I would be in the 112-115 range with the mods

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Thanks a lot man...yeah I know the H is killin the top end for sure...but I am definately on the hunt for 11s...underdrives will definately be in the near future...and what do you mean by shortbelting it...Ive seen you tell people to do this before but never really understood it lol
Shortbelting means getting a shorter belt. (which reminds me i was suppose to email someone the part number and forgot...****) Anyway you get a short belt and bypass the powersteering pulley. Sounds trivial but it gains stupid amounts of et and HP. I did it on a dyno.....on and off it was a consistent 11hp on a dyno, with the car sitting still. I have heard people claim as much as 2.5/10s with this mod at the track. It takes 5 minutes to do it at the track. I never did a same day track test with this but I trapped 2 mph lower on a different day not having the shortbelt on the car. And my MPH at the track is always consistent so I know it was due to the shortbelt.

Underdrive pulleys are also a good amount or performance on our car. 1 mph and over 1/10 for me at the track.

Now with both of them together they are overlapping a little bit but still the combination of the two could be good for 3/10s.

Throw on top of that an electirc water pump..... there is a lot of power to be gained from the accessory drive of this car.

Someone will chime in on the belt size and/part number. The last three numbers on the part number are the belt size like i think the part number ends in 883 or something.

also the reason I was thinking the trap was low was that last season with just a tune/intake and the mickeys I ran a 12.76 @ 108.88 so I has 1 MPH faster and .35 slower...I figured I would be in the 112-115 range with the mods
Yea thats kind of weird. What rpm do you shift at?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LoL I actually havent got it on a dyno yet...this was just the last night the track was open on a Friday night because of temperatures and I just got the car done...I have a Tillman Speed 93 All-out tune and a BAMA 93 Race...ran both and both were consistant with eachother...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts