Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boss was kind enough to buy a brand new 2008 Shelby GT500 as a demo car, and I need some help. I am installing a Pioneer AVIC-Z2 Navagation system in the dash, replacing the factory nav system. The new unit needs a Vehicle Speed Sensor conection to maintain accuracy, and from what I can see all of the tech info I can find is for the V6/GT cars. I know the harness behind the radio was different than other Mustangs, as it was lacking the switched power and illumination leads. I have even seen some other Fords with the same harness include the VSS in the harness.

My question is, where is this wire on the GT500 and what color is it? I have spent some time at the Ford dealer in town, but was only able to find info on the ABS system and the wheel speed sensors. I'll use one of those wires if I have to, but the AVIC-Z2 really needs the wire coming from the transmission for accuracy.

Thanks in advance for any input!

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one at all?

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Did you post this in the 05+ sectoin? There's only a hand full of people on this site who have Shelby's and most of them post in that section.

Where in AR do you work at that lets you customize a new Shelby?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
I am in Bentonville and those things and c-6's are every where here

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shop is located in Cabot. Owner bought it when his wife went out of town. Has 418 miles on it, and already completely Dynomatted, Nav installed (minus VSS), modified door locations to fit JL 8W1's, and too much more stuff to list here now. I may post pics of the work later...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts