Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car seems to drive funny, the arms are stock replacement but with a harder bushing I got them from steeda 99 buck for both!! Will I need to realign?

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
Define "funny" lol......how do you re-align a solid axle rear end with no panhard bar?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I know its seems really sloppy like there is alot more movement then there was with the shitty stock ones. I was getting making sure that the rear axle is center underneath the car! I am pretty sure that I could take it to Les swabs for that? I think I might to go back and really crank on those bolts for the arms maybe thats the issue?? Though the nut on the bolt is not loose so I have no Idea.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Loose bolts wouldnt cause a sloppy feel. The control arms would work just about the same tight or not. did you look at your torque boxes? Those may be cracked. The stiffer bushings may have cracked the old tired welds.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What and where is my torque box?? I read the discription of the arms and I am almost certain that it said won't break torque boxes??

But still what and where is it??

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Polyurethane bushings are a HUGE no-no in UCAs. With the stock triangulated 4-link, you HAVE to have either the bushing deflection provided by soft rubber bushings or the freedom of movement you get with spherical bushings. Without that, you'll just cause the suspension to bind. The fact that Steeda even sells these is just one more reason I can't stand that company.

Definitely check the mounting points (especially the chassis side) for crack/breakage/looseness, but my money's on the bushings causing this issue.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Why did you get those? those look like stockers but reinforced. IMO you should have save a little more and went with the tubular or the better yet the adj upper control arms.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My stock right one was making a clicking noise whenver I would go over bumps and I would take off i.e. when torque is applied. so I just put stock replacements they were cheap.

·
Registered
233 Posts
ah ok...Ya my uppers were making the same noise a few months after I changed them. My problem was I didnt tighten them up enough and the bolts loosened up a bit....all thanks to Makers Mark and two 30 packs we drank while installing the suspension lol.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hell yeah man thats the way to do it! Yeah I moved one day and it was loose and I tightened it up and it reloosened so i thought the stock bushing was fubar so i jsut replaced it sober which sucked cause I had to do it a shop not at my house and I had to drive it back to my house then I preceeded to get hammered!!!

2001bullitgt mybad its just i get that alot and it pisses my the **** off! lol

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
I used a decent impact and went til I was sure they were too tight. I also used lock nuts for everything, as I had the joy of one of the bolts for an upper come out one me while driving.

·
June 2010 ROTM
1,913 Posts
Polyurethane bushings are a HUGE no-no in UCAs. With the stock triangulated 4-link, you HAVE to have either the bushing deflection provided by soft rubber bushings or the freedom of movement you get with spherical bushings. Without that, you'll just cause the suspension to bind. The fact that Steeda even sells these is just one more reason I can't stand that company.

Definitely check the mounting points (especially the chassis side) for crack/breakage/looseness, but my money's on the bushings causing this issue.
You, Sir, are 110% Correct!!!
To bad that most people have no idea what you are talking about, IMHO.

***Shameless plug***
However... I have a set of Steeda Double Adjustable Uppers, if anyone needs.. Asking $150. shipped.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
I have seen way to many steeda parts break....the only time I use steeda is for trim pieces/some billet stuff.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Just to let you guys know we also have upper and lowers for 99-04 mustangs. Ours will not break. I don't have alot to offer other than the control arms but they will do the job. If you have any questions please give me a call.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts