Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Wiser by the Minute
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys -

It has been a long while since I have been on here. I sold my mustang 2 years back. It was an 02 that I did my own SC install. I recently found a good deal on a 96 GT built.

The car has a Kenne Bell 2.2 blowzilla intercoold and a DSS race block with forged internals for the engine.

The car has a knock which I am pretty sure it is coming from the left pass valve cover. I am preparing to pull the valve cover to check it out.

Couple questions -

1) Not sure what steps to take to remove keene bell stuff in order to get to the valve cover. The inlet can be pulled off the back I think but would it be better to take the whole unit off the top along with the inlet? I just am not sure what to do. I want to take off the least as possible. Any tips? I can provide pics

2) Any ideas of what it could be if it is under the valve cover? It knocks pretty good but car still runs good, doesn't leak, doesn't smoke. Maybe running a bit rich though.

Thanks!!

·
Wiser by the Minute
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
l

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
It could be a lifter.

And as far as getting to the valve cover its a pain in the ass to get those things back on. I thought it was easy taking them off but for some reason it took me like an hour to install them lol. I really dont think you will get them off with that supercharger in the way. You could try i guess.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Lifters are usually more of a tick than a knock. Could be timing, could be lifter, could be a rod, could be a bunch of things. Maybe a video would help people to understand the sound exactly, might get better response as to what it could be

·
Wiser by the Minute
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I really think it is something in the upper. It is def not timing. I put my hand on the left valve cover and I can almost feel something.

How can I post a vid here? Never did before. I will take one. I am sure I can just use Youtube and post link.

·
Wiser by the Minute
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am really just trying to figure out how to take this Kenne Bell off. Not sure how. This setup is new to me as well as the Twin Screws. I have absolutely no experience with a twin screw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts