Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so im looking into getting some aftermarket rims. I know i definitely want black. but not sure about getting 20s or sticking with 19s.

the benifit to me at this point to the 19's is that i could use my stock tires for now, to save some money.

i really like the RTR wheels but alot of people go with that and i wanna be a little different.

any suggestions and/or pics

also should i keep or sell my stock rims. $$ money is definitely tight. $$ lol

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
or i've got these 20's that i just took off of my explorer before i traded it in on the mustang.
(obviously id need a diff tire size)

·
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday
6,530 Posts
If you like RTR rims you will like SVE drifts. They are cheeper, lighter and IMO look better. American musscle has the same type of rims. Niche Mugello makes a 14 spoke rim with 20's.

I have SVE dirfts check my sig ;)

·
Registered
832 Posts
I have SVE drifts. I believe black ones are out of stock...but they still have he silver onea. Do you have color preference? If so, get the silver one and powdercoat. SVE drifts are awesome if you are tight on money but still want great looking wheels. Not terribly heavy either.

·
Registered
49 Posts
SO there is a very good chance I will have some almost new, flawless 2013 GT500 wheels and tires for sale early next week. I could give you a really good deal if I don't keep them for myself:/

·
Registered
272 Posts
Please don't tell me you're thinking of putting Explorer rims on a Mustang. One word, as many times in a row as you can, NO! Getting 255 size 20 tires all around would be pretty cheap, after purchasing the wheels at least.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please don't tell me you're thinking of putting Explorer rims on a Mustang. One word, as many times in a row as you can, NO! Getting 255 size 20 tires all around would be pretty cheap, after purchasing the wheels at least.
those aren't explorer wheels...they are just 20s that I had on my explorer. I would definitely get the right size tire. they actually don't look to bad on a mustang.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you like RTR rims you will like SVE drifts. They are cheeper, lighter and IMO look better. American musscle has the same type of rims. Niche Mugello makes a 14 spoke rim with 20's.

I have SVE dirfts check my sig ;)

I really like those... but I didn't know what they were called. thanks

they are currently out of stock though... but I don't mind waiting. I'm not in a big hurry.

does anyone know what size of the width of stock rims on my car. would I be able to use the stock tires? the svt drifts are 19 x 9.5

·
Registered
74 Posts
I really like those... but I didn't know what they were called. thanks

they are currently out of stock though... but I don't mind waiting. I'm not in a big hurry.

does anyone know what size of the width of stock rims on my car. would I be able to use the stock tires? the svt drifts are 19 x 9.5
If you don't have track pack option, your wheels are 8.5 inch

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
tire selection is tough with 19s and 20s to me are to big i know alot of people love them but imo you start to lose that muscle car look

·
Registered
74 Posts
There seems to be better tire options and price points at 20 vs 19.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'd have to agree with faym 08. 20s do not look on the mustang.

·
Registered
832 Posts
ooo I see. Yeah I remember reading an article or watching a documentary where they were saying how back in the days, 18s were considered huge but now it's like 20s and up. I personally like the look of bigger wheels...Whatever makes you happy :D

1 - 20 of 58 Posts