Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been posted before, im in a rush on the way to work and was wondering what are some good rotors. I just got some saleens so im looking for some that look good as well. i was thinkin drilled and slotted but i dont know where i should get them from and if i should just get regular rotors or what. Opinions would be great, also where to get some good ones would be cool too. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I have slotted rotors, they give a little more bite compared to blank rotors. Look into power slot rotors, or EBC, both are decent and reasonably priced.

I would stay away from drilled rotors, they tend to weaken the rotors.

Slotted rotors will wear your pads a bit faster, slotted rotors cut the pads for a flatter surface thus increasing the contact patch, and allows gas to escape, reducing brake fade.

·
Registered
224 Posts
how do you drive? if you only want good looks, buy some cheapies at your local auto parts store and cross drill them. if you do high performance driving/braking, search the 'net as there are a lot of good ones out there. keep in mind though that good rotors (good enough to use at the road course) are $100-$200 each. i do road racing and bought mine at americanmuscle.com. i also run carbotech pads and RBF600 brake fluid and i end up replacing the rotors every year and going through a few sets of pads at $200 a pop.

good luck!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's just my daily driver, im going more for looks but dont really wanna sacrifice any performance. i mainly want new ones cause mine now, look like ass, and their easier to see now with the new rims.

·
Registered
508 Posts
idk if theyre any good but for looks you can get em on ebay with pads all 4 corners for 160$ free shipping, soon as i get the money im gonna try them out.

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
I like my powerslot ones. If you're going for looks (and a bit of performance as a result) consider Cobra rotors as they are larger in diameter, so you'll see them better w/ your new rims. More expensive upgrade though.

·
_
3,787 Posts
I baught me some rotors from Rotorpros. They make your rotos and ship them out fresh being anyway you like them! You can do slotted, drilled, dimpled, colored hub, or flat. Their not to bad on price either, but a good company to check out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts