Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my shifter from Barton on Wed and got it today! Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until next weekend to install it. This thing looks too nice to install but I can't wait to get rid of the POS stock shifter.
ImageUploadedByAG Free1357956066.756111.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
476 Posts
Cool, in addition to smoother shifting I think you will like the round knob over the Euro trash stock design. At least I did.........

Reactions: Austin

·
Registered
476 Posts
What type is the '65, billiard ball?

·
Like A Boss
18,927 Posts
It's the stock shifter... In fact, it's a replaced stock shifter :facepalm

I'm just sayin that I like the ball much more than the new pos

·
Registered
476 Posts
Was the ball stock in '65?

·
Registered
476 Posts
3 gears, imagine that? Back in the day I had a Duster w/3 on the tree. 3 gear, column shifter. It was actually a pretty good car.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Has a 4 speed (T-10). It's a factory GT car so it has a 289 4bbl carb. Can't wait till I finish the thing. My wife calls it the money pit for a reason...lol

·
Slow 3v
1,081 Posts
I just got the same shifter for my car also but I wont be able to see or feel it until I come back from Afcrapistan. Id love to see a video and pics of it installed in the car.

·
Like A Boss
18,927 Posts
Has a 4 speed (T-10). It's a factory GT car so it has a 289 4bbl carb. Can't wait till I finish the thing. My wife calls it the money pit for a reason...lol

My mom's is a 289. When we finally build a garage, my dad and I are going to rebuild the engine, put in a top loader, and make the new engine a hi-po.

Unfortunately, the car is gonna be my sister's when she is older.

How long have you had yours. My mom had hers since she was 14.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Dude you will love it. I just installed mine a few days ago as well and its great. It looks beautiful, feels solid, short ass shifts, built quality is an A+, just the best! Missing a 2-3 shift, you are going to have to try and miss it now. Install was really easy as well, had it done in about 30 minutes.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Nice man I heard good things on barton.. I got my hurst for 160 new so I couldn't pass it up but I'm sure gonna love it.. let us know it goes..

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Viperrmk - I've heard nothing but great things. Can't wait until I can trust that 2-3 shift!!!!

Gt2211tk - Should be in by next weekend. I'll update once it's in.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Crackpotfox - Sounds like a great plan. I'm going back to showroom new. I want it to look exactly like it did in 66 at the dealership.

I've had it for a long time. Between getting married, house and then the kids, its been on the back burner for too long. Kids are getting older now so I'm finding more time. Best thing I did was stocking up with all NOS parts years ago. I even have an NOS steering wheel! Here are a couple crappy pics I had on my cell. Gonna be Nightmist blue metallic w/blue standard interior.
ImageUploadedByAG Free1358049395.121938.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1358049419.366968.jpg

·
Slow 3v
1,081 Posts
Nice choice ��. I'll post some up when I get it in.

Stay safe and hurry home!

Thanks bud.

You know, Ive never had a problem with the 2-3 shift and Ive had a few hundred track passes. I guess this is like preventative maintenance for me lol.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts