Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys my shifter should be here in like 2 or 3 days is there anything i need besides the high temp silicone gasket stuff? new boot or anything?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the little round boot right under the leather one?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it looks old and dirty lol but its ok

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
black RTV silicone, when you put the shifter on, best way to go, its high temp and better resistence against the tranny fluid

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i know when i take the console piece out and i get down there i just take those 4 bolts out and then what do i do with that boot does it just pull off?

·
zippeewannabee
3,221 Posts
what kind of shifter did you get? i saw a shifter boot made of cobra skin once... it went for almost $200

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i got a steeda tri-ax y?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
take the four bolts out, put the shifter in 1st or neutral, and pull sideways, or use a flat head screwdriver and pry up, steeda tri ax comes with full easy to use directions, and the small dirty rubber boot thats on the shifter, goes away with the shifter you dont need it anymore

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
o ok i dont have directions i bought it used cmon what am i? made of money? lol

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
take the four bolts out, put the shifter in 1st or neutral, and pull sideways, or use a flat head screwdriver and pry up, steeda tri ax comes with full easy to use directions, and the small dirty rubber boot thats on the shifter, goes away with the shifter you dont need it anymore
You dont need it with the Tri-Axe?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
is it really worth it

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
do u use this?

·