Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so im thinking about getting the eibach lowering springs on ebay. they say it'll lower the front 1.3 inches and the rear 1.4 will i need new shocks if i go with those?
i was helping a friend lower his eagle talon today( fully adjustable all the way down to a 4 inch drop) and it's making me want to drop mine too :lol
thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
740 Posts
I wanna lower mine to n i wanna drop it like atleast 2 inches or more if possible i wanna go as low as possible with out it rubbing with 245 45 tires on 17 inch rims, does anyone know what the max i an lower it with out rubbing is?

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
I wanna lower mine to n i wanna drop it like atleast 2 inches or more if possible i wanna go as low as possible with out it rubbing with 245 45 tires on 17 inch rims, does anyone know what the max i an lower it with out rubbing is?
ur gana have grond clearance isues befor u have rubing

more then 2 is pushing it for a dd stang
i know of some coil over kits that go more then that but they are ajustabul and ment for trak use.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
for shocks/struts go with tokico HP series aka tokico blues! thats what im going with for shocks and struts. best price is $269 on benspeed.com and yes they say for 99-04 GT but they will work for V6's too

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
sport lines give u about a 2in drop, that is the bigest i know of from a trusted company

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
do you need anything else though if you go with what i posted? :crazy

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
do you need anything else though if you go with what i posted? :crazy
i genraly recomend new shocks with lowering springs but i havent added any thing cuse i don't know much about the 05+ stangs. so i havent wanted to give u any bad advice.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
were can i find 2in eibach lowering springs?
check the venders section. i think AM sells them.
WLJohnson05 said:
if ur droppin it more than about 1.5 inches ur gonna need CC plates too
i completaly for got that, for most springs u will want them it makes alining them a lot easier.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
i have the prokit and i didnt need the plates, but any lower (sportlines) ur gonna need em
true u can get away with out them but like i said they make it a lot easier.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
i recently bought sportlines and they pretty much require that you buy c/c plates and new shocks and struts w/ them. i got upr c/c plates and kyb non-adjustable shocks and struts, none of its installed yet tho. ill let you guys know how it is when i finally do install them

1 - 20 of 42 Posts