1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
looks good i still need to make one

·
Registered
374 Posts
Do you guys use photoshop in your proffesion or just buy it for fun? Because im thinkin of just buying it to goof around in b/c i have it at school and im pretty damn good with it

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Do you guys use photoshop in your proffesion or just buy it for fun? Because im thinkin of just buying it to goof around in b/c i have it at school and im pretty damn good with it
I use it in mine but it is not the main application I use. I use Indesign the most because I design books but then use photoshop to fix pics but nothing fun like I do on the sigs.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I use it in mine but it is not the main application I use. I use Indesign the most because I design books but then use photoshop to fix pics but nothing fun like I do on the sigs.
yeah... it's so expensive:(

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
You can get a student version and it is WAY cheaper. It does the same thing. It is still up there though. I had no choice but to get it in my program at college.

·
Registered
374 Posts
You can get a student version and it is WAY cheaper. It does the same thing. It is still up there though. I had no choice but to get it in my program at college.
well the one I was looking at wasabout $650 idk where to find this "student" version....

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Are you in college or high school? If you are in college you can go to the bookstore most likely. As long as you are a student you can use your student id at the mac store (need a mac) or another computer store that carries it. I got my entire Creative Suite (CS1) when I first started school for I think $450 for the student version. It comes with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Imageready. You should look into it if it is something you are interested in.

·
Registered
374 Posts
yeah im in highschool and I was looking at a cs3 because my school has the most updated version and thats what im familiar with..but I own a dell..and if I buy it and register it's license on my present computer and i buy a new computer can I pout it on the new one since you buy it with only one license to operate it?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I would ask where ever you buy it from. I know plenty of people that don't ever register it. I wish I had CS3 but I never really needed to switch. I can do pretty much everything I need with CS1. At work I use CS2 and have no problem going between the two. What I really need is the newest version of Flash.

·
Registered
374 Posts
yeah!..with the extended version of the cs3 they give you tools to edit videos and 3d objects its insane

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I'll probably buy it when I switch jobs next year and get the new super thin Mac. It is like you said really expensive and I need to get a job doing web design. The money is better there and it is not really in books.

·
Registered
374 Posts
what are you going to do for web design? like have your own business or work for some company?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I'd like to start my own company/freelance on the side of work for a company and see if it takes off. But I will be happy enough working for a company as long as it is fun. I have a lot of fun doing this but you have to enjoy creating all of the time. You can get burned out and tired though. The sig I did for 03stangcs on this thread is like the 6th one I have done this week. I am feeling a little fatiqued from it but it is a lot of fun. I used to just draw all of the time but now I get to help make the sight more entertaining by having more cool stuff to look at.

Oh, and it doesn't have to necessarily be web design. I am happy doing books. I would just like to get paid a lot more for what I feel I am getting really good at. Interactive/motion design is something that pays. There are so many fields of graphic design it is rediculous. I went to a design school at VCU. What applications I choose to use to do my work is up to me. The easiest is print, so that is where I am beginning my career. I feel like my work is maturing so I will be ready to move to something else when my wife graduates law school next year.

·
Registered
374 Posts
well goodluck man I want to go into college for somthing with computer design..

·
zippeewannabee
3,221 Posts
ya i have a mac G5 and i love it, my dad bought it with the entire CS3 system as well a s the correl programs for only $1200

1 - 20 of 26 Posts