Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to have a '99 Cobra coupe with everything done to it besides motor work and I let it go a few years ago hoping to get back into a 2003 or 2004 Cobra. That day finally came a few weeks ago and I am just now getting a chance to get on here to post the intro.

I picked up a 2003 black Cobra coupe in January with 3100 miles on it as of this past weekend. I hope to be able to keep it for a long time, but it may have to go after I enjoy it for a while in order to get into a house (I am 24 and hoping to get one in the next year). The car was garage kept its entire life and the guy that I bought it from kept all of the certificates and the window sticker. It only has a 1" lowering kit on it and aftermarket mufflers, but the rest of the car is stock. The decision to mod it or not will be difficult, but a stock low mileage Cobra is pretty rare (so it might just have to stay that way).

Looking forward to learning more from this site!

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
Welcome to the site. Those are some crazy low miles! BUT, if it was me, I'd still mod it. These things are so much fun with just a simple pulley and port job on the blower.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the site. Those are some crazy low miles! BUT, if it was me, I'd still mod it. These things are so much fun with just a simple pulley and port job on the blower.

I am still on the fence. I figure I will learn from the site and make a decision a little later. It is fun stock, so I can't imagine what it would be like with a pulley, port, and tune... :D

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
I am still on the fence. I figure I will learn from the site and make a decision a little later. It is fun stock, so I can't imagine what it would be like with a pulley, port, and tune... :D
Or a 2.9 Whipple twin screw running 23 PSI of boost on E-85 :D

My buddy is about to wrap up his 03 Cobra with the mods I just listed. Make sure and post in the 4V/SVT section of the site.

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
Welcome to the site. What part of SoCal are you from?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Turbo'd Hot Hatch
807 Posts
Welcome to MM! Love the New Edge Cobra's. By far my favorite Mustang. :drool

Where in the O.C. are you? I go to UCI myself...

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Welcome to the MM!

I'm from the Inland Empire -- Redlands area.

I can relate to you, I'm looking to buy my first house by december/january. But there's no way I'm selling my Mustang.

It was: get a house or get a ducatti at the end of the year. lol

·
Registered
241 Posts
Welcome to MM! Nice find on the Cobra. 3,100 miles is ridiculous. I've put that much on my stang in the last month.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:welcome to MM :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts