Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
89 GT
I am planning on replacing my shocks/struts and springs this summer. So far I am looking at using Ford's racing springs FMS-M-5300-C and Tokico struts and shocks.
Does anybody have experience with either of these products or have a better combo?

Thanks!
Ron

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
i've got Tokico struts and shocks and they work real well for me. i'm using them with Eibach pro's...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - good to meet a fellow submariner. I spent my time in 637 class attack boats. Many years ago!!
Do you have the adjustable tokico's?? I am leaning that way - most options for the money.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
Thanks - good to meet a fellow submariner. I spent my time in 637 class attack boats. Many years ago!!
Do you have the adjustable tokico's?? I am leaning that way - most options for the money.
wow that must've been a while back. i spent 4 1/2 years on the Rickover (SSN 709) and i spent 3 years at SIMA Norfolk in the Sub repair shop. i just got out in October, working for Oceaneering now as a QAI...
as for the tokico's, no, they're not adjustable, but from what i've heard, the adjustable's are very good also. i bought the FRPP Handling Kit from Summit for about $400. it came with the dampers, springs and swaybars that were stock on the '01 Bullitt. it made a real big difference in the way the car handled. the springs dropped it 3/4", and last May i swapped in a set of Eibach pro's...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts