Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a killer deal on a Spydershaft and CHE Front Loop I couldn't pass up.

Installed it yesterday afternoon/evening and everything went ok. So far no vibrations up to 115mph and I don't think the pinion flange i had to put on is leaking either. I absolutely enjoy it, car has more "zip" and gets up and goes faster now. The 20lb weight reduction makes up for the amps I installed. Now I just have to see if there is a mileage increase.

My pinion angle is currently set at -2, is that a correct setting?

Also installed Redline Hood Struts. They are great!

Shaft+Loop

Comparison

Fred Likes To Help

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks.

they are great, they look great, have the nice tips, and the sound is way better than stock but not over the top.

hood struts were easy. all you have to do is drill 6 holes and then install it. rivet gun needed. the instructions are detailed, comes with all hardware, and if you buy from american muscle you get the discount. they are way worth it over the hood prop.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
ahh. i want one that doesnt require drilling possibly...

anyways i see that your tips are unaligned also... having a problem aligning my tips...
No drilling required, uses stock bolt holes. Shelby, no logo.

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
very nice... price? it kind of looks like one of those hood struts where you have to lift it half way up yourself then it goes into gear.... and do they sell any black ones?

Thank's

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh so you're the guy who got the Spydershaft/CHE Loop that was for sale over on s197forum? Lucky!!!! That was a SICK deal. I'm glad you like it. :)
That would be me :D

ahh. i want one that doesnt require drilling possibly...

anyways i see that your tips are unaligned also... having a problem aligning my tips...
yea its the best i can do. they were really bad before. basically what i did was jack up the rear end, and loosten the h-pipe clamp. then I put a 1'x4"x4" piece of wood under the muffler and let the jack down slowly on the wood until the muffler was where I wanted it. Then tightened the clamp and took out the wood/jack. no one but people like us notices now...

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
haha... yeah ive seen people with stinger's with perfect alignment on the tips... and i mean even better than the one i have done on my driver side... damn i want it nice.. waiting til i get my mid pipe then i will properly do it.. where in socal are you?

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
nice... im located in hollywood.. 50$?!??! my exhaust guy said he would do it for me for free.. just a long drive and need a day off... and i want to do my midpipe while im there anyways... its okay vacation next week woohoo!

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
That would be me :D

yea its the best i can do. they were really bad before. basically what i did was jack up the rear end, and loosten the h-pipe clamp. then I put a 1'x4"x4" piece of wood under the muffler and let the jack down slowly on the wood until the muffler was where I wanted it. Then tightened the clamp and took out the wood/jack. no one but people like us notices now...

Man I envy you so much, I was mentally crying because I knew we weren't going to get that driveshaft:)lol), but I'm glad a MM guy got it. :D

I doubt there will be another deal like that for a new Spydershaft including the D/S loop for quite a while.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I read somewhere that 2-4 degrees is a good pinion angle. And when I was discussing it with a reputable driveshaft shop yesterday (because mine was way off), he said he prefers 3* if I remember correctly. If you have no vibration, I'd say you are good at 2*.

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
very nice... price? it kind of looks like one of those hood struts where you have to lift it half way up yourself then it goes into gear.... and do they sell any black ones?

Thank's
+1 and where?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Lime, how much did you get the 2 for?
$600 shipped

I read somewhere that 2-4 degrees is a good pinion angle. And when I was discussing it with a reputable driveshaft shop yesterday (because mine was way off), he said he prefers 3* if I remember correctly. If you have no vibration, I'd say you are good at 2*.
ok thanks I will keep that in mind if I see vibration, I will adjust to 3.

btw what kinda subs you running?
I have two kicker comp subs, powered by a class d mtx 300 watt amp w/capacitor. But I only have one sub in (tied down with a bracket for sharp turns) b/c of weight and space issues. I also have a full kicker cabin system powered by another 400 watt 4 channel mtx amp. This is all controlled by my pioneer premier headunit w/ipod.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts