Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
If you can put the deck in with the compartment on the bottom it makes hooking up an auxiliary cord (mp3 player) a whole lot easier if you have a manual.

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you can put the deck in with the compartment on the bottom it makes hooking up an auxiliary cord (mp3 player) a whole lot easier if you have a manual.
It can only go on top because of the mounting holes for the screws on the bottom. I dont see how it would make it better though. It has aux and usb, so Im just going to have my ipod plugged in with the usb and if the compartment is on top, it will make the cord farther away from the shifter. Maybe I dont understand what you meant though... :dunno

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
Be sure to post pics after install. :D

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how much did you get everything for?
Sub was about 70, which is awesome for 300w rms, 1000w peak

Headunit was 120 including dash install and wiring harness from crutchfield

Amp was about 130

Box was 30

Wiring was 20ish

Not bad by any means if you ask me...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Yeah I think it may just be a personal problem, if I figure it out (I have the same mount) I will be sure to post pictures. I have the Alpine setup with the 1000w amp though.

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Be sure to post pics after install. :D
Will do. And the cool thing about the head unit is, not only is it extremely easy to wire to the factory mach 460 system (because of the multiple rca outputs), you can use your ipod, while connected to usb, directly from the ipod, not just through the receiver like most, which gets annoying. And I HIGHLY recommend crutchfield for any receiver. As long as you pay more than 120 for a head unit, they supply everything needed to install it for free :D. Plus, their lifetime tech support is exceptional.

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I think it may just be a personal problem, if I figure it out (I have the same mount) I will be sure to post pictures. I have the Alpine setup with the 1000w amp though.
Whats the problem? I mean, I know what you said but does the cord get in the way or something?

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
Will do. And the cool thing about the head unit is, not only is it extremely easy to wire to the factory mach 460 system (because of the multiple rca outputs), you can use your ipod, while connected to usb, directly from the ipod, not just through the receiver like most, which gets annoying. And I HIGHLY recommend crutchfield for any receiver. As long as you pay more than 120 for a head unit, they supply everything needed to install it for free :D. Plus, their lifetime tech support is exceptional.
Crutchfield is awesome! I ordered from them last night, Ordered a Pioneer 6300 headunit, 149.99$ but comes with all the wiring, etc needed to hook up my subs and amp! I cant wait for it to get here! It shipped early this morning, How long did it take for yours to get here?

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
I ordered it Friday and got it Tuesday morning :D

So 2 business days...
Oh sweet! Now i just gotta see if i can get my 2 12" Kickers to fit..... :)

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I were you, I'd sit down and do all the wiring to the harness first before you even get in the car. Theres quite a bit of connections because of the additional harness for the mach 460. Looks confusing but with the diagrams given by crutchfield, its cake. Just a little time consuming

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
crutchfield is a good company,just dont like alot of there prices
I think its a great deal, 150$ plus 80$ in **** needed to wire it in along with the wiring for subs and an amp vs. 146$ at amazon? Sounded like a good deal to me so i jumped on it! :D

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The cord does get in the way but my head unit is kinda out dated and I have not really looked around much. The aux port is on the bottom right of the unit and I am constantly changing songs. I bought the system because I use it daily but I have not found a good spot yet. For the Ipod that is. I have tried 1 foot cords, 3 feet cords, elbows, and still can't get that sweet spot. I might have to look at a dash mount I suppose. Sound quality is overly important to me so an FM tuner will not work lol. But to answer the question after my rambling yes the cord gets in the when shifting sometimes.

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
Good idea, hopefully since you got yours in two days i'll get mine by thursday.. which means having it in this weekend sweet! and yeah i'll take your advice on doing all that before attacking the car.

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
The cord does get in the way but my head unit is kinda out dated and I have not really looked around much. The aux port is on the bottom right of the unit and I am constantly changing songs. I bought the system because I use it daily but I have not found a good spot yet. For the Ipod that is. I have tried 1 foot cords, 3 feet cords, elbows, and still can't get that sweet spot. I might have to look at a dash mount I suppose. Sound quality is overly important to me so an FM tuner will not work lol. But to answer the question after my rambling yes the cord gets in the when shifting sometimes.
Hopefully i'll have some play with my cord i got the 3ft thinking i wouldnt need anything longer than that..

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Have you tried the coiled cords? And I guess I'd understand better with a pic :D. If you can get a newer headunit too, since you said yours was outdated, your sound would probably improve too

1 - 20 of 73 Posts