Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a cold air intake for my 99 mustang an put it on an also got a little chip but i heard i shouldnt put that on since its one of those little cheap ones....and i also want to get dual exhaust...will that affect my power at all?....since its a sixer....

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
ur not gonna get much from a cai and a dual exhaust... if u get a tune ull get some more power... dont expect much tho

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
don't put that chip on it was a wast of your momey.
and yes deal exhause will increas your power. the one down side depending on the set up that you go with is the lose of low end tq.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
the little chip no all that is is a 10cent resistor if you paid more than 10cent for it well you got scammed, the CAI and exhaust will give you a better sound and will add a bit of power, jut make sure when you have the exhaust installed you cut the y pipe and add an h pipe

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
so i wouldnt want to jus run straights?
you can but runing true sratights meining not cats or muflers, first off wount sound to good, secound will lose you some good low end tq due to the lack of back Presser.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where could i find a somewhat good programmer for not so much moolah? cuz im in the middle of two cars rite now

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
well is there any dependable ones cheaper than that?
Car Modding dictionary:

Cheap: This word usually comes with no reliability, changes to screw up your engine, no warranty. Cheap and modding do not go together. You have to pay to play.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
you can its not a bad thing but an h-pipe will help even out the flow
even out flow on an even firing motor... thats a wonderful idea... :rolleyes:

there is no power difference between the midpipes just tone... well there isn't a power difference at a bolt on stage... once you start cramming 300+ horse power out the tires then simple modifications to the exhaust will be noticed

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
even out flow on an even firing motor... thats a wonderful idea... :rolleyes:

there is no power difference between the midpipes just tone... well there isn't a power difference at a bolt on stage... once you start cramming 300+ horse power out the tires then simple modifications to the exhaust will be noticed
take a flow test of the car even firing refers to the cam fire intervals it has nothing to do with exhaust gas, gas tend to find the easiest escape, in most cars that is bank one, ford is no different with 2 separate pipes exhaust gases will favor the passenger side

1 - 16 of 16 Posts