Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

So my new struts and shocks came in the mail today :D Tokico HP's. Got started tonight only to discover that our shop (a.k.a. my dad's garage) doesn't have a torx set... So after calling around I'm gonna pick up a set from a friend tomorrow. On to the back!

Took a while to get the first side done, but once I figured it out it was a breeze. Have to take off all the fiberglass lining in the trunk (pain in the butt) to unscrew the shock. Take off tire, support car by frame and support bottom of axle with jack. Take off quad shock, unscrew nut in trunk (while holding bolt still with vice grips). Then unbolt the other side of shock, and take it out. Now the fun part: getting the springs out :D Lower the jack so there's as little pressure as possible on the spring. Then I used a tie down to keep it from flying out of the car, and then used another one to yank on the bottom to get it out. All worked without a hitch. Shove in the new spring, put in the new shock, wash rinse repeat for the other side.

So as my car sits right now, it looks like a low rider :p
http://images.lowridermagazine.com/tech/0201_15+Cadillac_Fleetwood+Front_End_Raised.jpg

Pictures!! (First 2 are before doing anything)

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
wow what a diffrence that made!!! it makes me sick when i look at mine lol....the hieght is disgusting...i just dont have money....btw it must be nice to have a garage to work in...we did my clutch in the drive way in 20 degrees lmao

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. Yes it is nice to have a garage, but it sucks not having tools :p Had to run to a friends' house twice to pick up the right size sockets and a torx socket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts