Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, finally got to the point where i decided to do the leather seat upgrade from new take off in my 09 v6 i go to buy it from them and now they only offer it for the 11 of course :mad: anyone know where i can still buy this kit or a similar one that isnt too much more expensive, cloth is nice but leather is better

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have '11 leather in my '05. Fronts are perfect, but the rears are a little loose at the top. No one really rides in the back seat so it doesn't bother me. Best chance of finding '05-'09 leathers is ebay or the classfieds. Leathers are one of my favorite appearance mods. I'd never buy cloth again

·
Registered
597 Posts
If it werent for the 11+ back seat difference from my 2010 I'd have bought them from NTO, not a huge deal but Im a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my car, and just knowing that it wasn't right would drive me crazy

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have '11 leather in my '05. Fronts are perfect, but the rears are a little loose at the top. No one really rides in the back seat so it doesn't bother me. Best chance of finding '05-'09 leathers is ebay or the classfieds. Leathers are one of my favorite appearance mods. I'd never buy cloth again
ya was considering doing that seeing as this is by far the cheapest leather upgrade anywhere by hundreds, any chance the tops could be sewn to tighten up the top or is the shape completely different, having the tops sewn up a bit would be still cheaper than going through anyone else, just a thought... and hows the quality of the leather?

·
Registered
584 Posts
ya was considering doing that seeing as this is by far the cheapest leather upgrade anywhere by hundreds, any chance the tops could be sewn to tighten up the top or is the shape completely different, having the tops sewn up a bit would be still cheaper than going through anyone else, just a thought... and hows the quality of the leather?
It's a little baggy at the top, but I definitely think it could be tailored to fit the '05 seats/foam. Apparently you can buy the '11 foam too and swap it out and it will fit a lot better. It doesn't really bother me enough do spend the money now, but maybe someday.

As pretty much any non-top of the line car the "leather" is decent, but not a genuine leather like you'd get if you spent $100k on a car. I love it though. I didn't realize how much I hated the cloth until afterwards

·
Registered
74 Posts
Good luck on the change! I've always considered making this change but I like the cloth seats enough not to really look into it, it's the Mustang lettering that really does it for me and that always gets compliments by my passengers. Although I would consider it for red leather take offs...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts