Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think???

View attachment 14139

I Torqued the studs that butt up against the main cap to 10 ft lbs and then the jam nuts to 10 ft lbs also. Will it make a difference if I did it with the rearend in the air and no jack under the rearend?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bought it on ebay for $123 plus 3 qrts of 80w-90 $16 and friction modifier $5, $144 total.

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Damn dude, that's a steal. Jegs has some for 159 off the bat so that's a hell of a deal. Looks nice. Now paint it ;-)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn dude, that's a steal. Jegs has some for 159 off the bat so that's a hell of a deal. Looks nice. Now paint it ;-)
No paint, going to leave it aluminum color.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Not a bad deal. I bought 2 (Summit Brand) at Summit's Akron store last spring for $100 ea. They had them on the floor as manager's specials. Should have bought more. As far as torqueing the bearing cap screws, you should be fine although I think I used a little higher torque on mine. Looking for my build sheet now.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
5 ft lbs is the recommended torque for bolts that support the bearing cap, 10-15 ft lbs for the jamb nut.

Anymore than that can distort the bearing caps and cause premature bearing failure. If you used more, you'd better back it off.

·
Registered
371 Posts

wow that looks sweet looking, i think painting it would kill the hole affect

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how do you like the 3.55's

cover looks great
I like them a lot, there a good all around gear especially if you do alot of interstate driving, 80 mph at 2500-2800 rpms.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
5 ft lbs is the recommended torque for bolts that support the bearing cap, 10-15 ft lbs for the jamb nut.

Anymore than that can distort the bearing caps and cause premature bearing failure. If you used more, you'd better back it off.
I went ahead and changed the torque to the specifications that you supplied.

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
wow that looks sweet looking, i think painting it would kill the hole affect
Actually after looking at his avatar, it does look better un-touched. Looks like he undercoated his rear end and other components too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts