Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went and got a new timing chain and gear set, but I have never replaced these before. Anyone know a good online walk thur? I tried to google it but just got alot of sales ads. One thing I'm at a loss for is the torque. Do I need to barrow a torque wrench to set it to spec or am I going to be ok with just making sure it's on nice and tight? If I need the wrench does anyone know how many ft.lbs it needs to be?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I tore this engine almost all the way down. I did however leave the heads on the block. To tell the truth I am very surprised. From the out side it looked like it had new gaskets, fuel pump, starter, and ect. As I got the intake and oil pan off I realized that the engine was extremely clean. Today I got to see the timing chain. It had no wear on it at all, I could still see the black coating that come on the timing chain gear teeth and the chain itself was also not worn. I think I got an amazing deal. I got to hear this running 351w. It started first time from a cold start. Got nice and warm and started right back up. It reved nicely and didn't smoke at all. It even had a nice little lope to it. After tearing it down and seeing the insides I am pretty sure I bought a freshly rebuilt engine.

Edit: Pics

·