Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to get some new tires, but im on a budget, i have nitto 555's now should i just get this tire again or there something comparable for a little bit cheaper

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nittos are very popular. If you like them then you might as well buy them again. If you're looking to try a different tire, you can check tires and reviews on tirerack.com.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I just put on some BF Goodrich g-force sports on my rears and there awesome so far. My Kumho's were bald and i was in dire need of some tires, small amounts of throttle they would spin. G-force's hook up very well even on hard takeoffs. Only had the tires on for two days but so far i'm happy with them.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
im using the falken fk452's and i love them, inexpensive and a great tire

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Just get the 275/40/17 bf goodrich g force sport...you only think you like the nitto..trust me I've had all the other's... Get the g force

·
Registered
66 Posts
I sure wish BFG still made a street tire in 315/35/17. I have BFGs on front and Sumis on the rear right now. I think it would be great if BFG offered their G Force Sport in 315s.

·
Registered
623 Posts
i love my nittos 555's. if your current tire is sufficent enough then dont change.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Man if they made the g-force in a 315 35 17.. **** that would be bad ass.. Everybody needs to send bfgoodrich a email saying to make it cause the stang owner will purchase lol

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
275's really too wide for an 8" rim. I know lots of people here run wider-than-suggested tires, but I'd still suggest going down to a 245 (stock width tire for cars equipped with 17x8s) or maybe a 255 if the tire runs narrow. I have 255/40 RA1s on my stock Cobra rims and they feel sloppy. If I stick to running the Cobra as my autocross car, I'm moving those tires to my 17x9s, and putting either 225 or 235s on my 17x8s.

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
I had 275/40/17 Nitto 555Rs on my stock rims at 15psi for about a month and a half without any problems. Id recomend spending a little extra for a better tire, though I didn't have any problems with the khumos that came with my car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts