Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

new to the forums here and just wanted to ask a question about eliminators before I jump into things. I just bought a 2005 Mustang gt a little less than a year ago and so far upgraded to the American Thunder Flowmaster axel back and the pypes O/R xpipe. I've been searching on google and have found some threads saying the Mustangs made before march of 2005 accepted the eliminators without the CEL coming back on. My 05 was produced in dec. of 2004 and I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience using the eliminators on their 05? Also would the eliminators that americanmuscle.com have work? A little short on cash right now so currently a tuner is out of the question.

Thanks for the help,
Joe

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
I use them on my 07 to pass inspection in TX with no problems.

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
^^You're still not gonna pass emissions with a tuner. Your rear 02s have to be on in order to pass.

/Discussion

@ OP... did you by ANY chance keep your stock H-Pipe???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
King Ahmet I still have my stock H-Pipe hanging up in the garage. I just need to get the CEL off. My buddy will slap stickers on it as long as the CEL is off he said. However, I kept the stock pipe to swap with the o/r for inspection than change back if all else fails

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Slap your stock h-pipe back on. Together with your stock air box (What else do you have done to it???)

I'll wait till you answer that before I say anything else...

Just turning the light off will not pass you, your Emission Parameters will still read Not Complete.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I only have a CAI, the american thunder mufflers, and the pypes o/r xpipe

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Yep. just like I said. Slap your stockers back on (exhaust AND intake). Turn your tune back to stock. Drive around for a day (It has to go through it's cycle) Do your emissions. And off you go!!! You sir are done...

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Also, get yourself a tuner in order to get the benefits of your mods. Without a tuner, your check engine light is going to stay on, and that puts your car in a "Limp Mode" and your car is actually performing worse than it was before. Get a tuner "Recommend SCT" and get your car tuned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts