Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just picked up an 03 Mach I. Im new to mustangs and forums had an SRT before :p Any info id need to know on the car. I dont know on whether to get gears or not I dont want to sacrifice gas too much but they again I did choose a v8. Also idk what exhaust setup to get. Currently I just have a steeda ST and k&n drop in

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:welcome to MM :)

&

:pics

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
cat back is just personal preference of what kind of sound you want. gears, stock are 3.55's, atleast do a 3.90 to make any difference at all. i personally would go ahead and do a 4.10 since its a 4v.

and welcome to the board.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Don't fear the gear. I didn't notice any change in going to 4.10s. I wish I would have went with 4.30s.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Welcome, and depending on experience really. I would fork over the 100$ for the install and shimming that a speed shop can do easily with better results.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
o thats all it cost? i thought it would be something outrages like 500+ to install
no they are not that expensive. Now the "outrageous" costs come when you want a shop to install long tubes if you dont know how to do it yourself:yes

·
Registered
314 Posts
well i paid 400 for the whole set up. that includes the shop buy the gears, shim kit, transmission oil, work hours. It was normally 500 but it went quick and i was a frequent customer. So when he showed me the bill the install was like 100 said and done with the oil which was royal purple. Just find a shop that does it often and it should be less than $200 for a routine install if you already have the parts?

·
Registered
314 Posts
no they are not that expensive. Now the "outrageous" costs come when you want a shop to install long tubes if you dont know how to do it yourself:yes
i was quoted 800$.... this was with the 4.6 sn95. I already had the long tubes.

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
when i did 4:10s on my gt the improvement was great. and you dont totally lose top end performance wise unless you like crusing at 80 + like me, that was the only thing i didnt like

1 - 20 of 76 Posts