Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been after a 85GT for a while now that wasn't all hacked up. Kid comes out of the blue a few weeks ago and says "I want to buy your car, what do you want for it?". I thought he was full of ****, so I gave him a # and he says "ok, I'll take it". I'm thinking....Oooooook??? Well anyway, he buys my 93 and I jump in my truck and head North a few hours and pick this up. Mostly original (The only thing not original is an x-pipe with Flows, valve covers & air cleaner...but it came with the factory equipment). I almost want to keep it stock...but then part of me wants to mod the **** out of it. Not sure what to do. If I mod it, I will keep it as stock looking as possible. Takes me back to my first fox which was identical to this one only black...

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Wow! Nice score! I just picked up an 86 & hope to have my interior looking like yours, that is super clean. Congrats!

Has it been converted to carb, or is it still CFI?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
That thing is nice. I would put the stock fined ( powered by ford valvle covers) back on.

And the stock air filter housing back on to, but make sure you have both of those hoses running into the fenders, so that your not sucking in hot engine air.

Just my opinion though

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
Very nice! Jelly

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Nice score. I would mod it up but leave the interior/exterior stock looking. I have seen guys widen the stock wheels. Matt Snow widened some stock 93 Cobra's to 10 or 10 1/2 inches, so he could get some bigger meats on and a staggered look. It looks really cool. Either way, if you keep the tires, I would flip them and run them blackwall. I have never been a fan of white letters. Congrats.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
I didnt even know the 1985 mustang came with one of those plastic coil covers. That must be rare. Cuz ive never seen that. Thats bad ass

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
wow bro those seats are ****ing perfect!

·
Gas.Clutch.Shift.Repeat.
1,674 Posts
all these " I got a new fox" threads are KILLING me!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Wow man, that interior is beautiful.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Wow, Very nice, it appears there's been some engine bay cleaning, at least compared to my 84. Go 4 eyes FTW :)

·
85 GT convertible
660 Posts
Congrats. I just got an 85 convertible with CFI. I'm looking forward to changing it to a roller cam an carb. Great looking car and awesome interior. Good find.

Jerry

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
I didnt even know the 1985 mustang came with one of those plastic coil covers. That must be rare. Cuz ive never seen that. Thats bad ass
Thats a modified coil cover. Ford didnt use them until 86. I like how the strut bolt was used to mount it. Slick. The rest of the 85 looks clean, even the engine bay. The seats look so clean its ridiculous. Im guessing theyre a refurb. Either way, youve got a collectible. Take good care of it and any original parts you take off, keep. I would.

That would look good with 5 spoke centerlines Convo Pros, or Convo ETs. Big and littles.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Those seats are waaaaayyy to clean....... Let me fix that for you :spankit.... wait...... wait.... almost there.... wait.... done.:)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts