Modded Mustang Forums banner

201 - 220 of 260 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Thank you mramx! Sometimes I think I grew up in the wrong generation...

I wish we could race now like you guys did back in the day, it's tough for me to get to the track since I pretty much work all weekend when they're open. I love doing my own mods, it's so much cheaper, a lot of fun, and the satisfaction you get upon completion is unbeatable. Since I've gotten into it, all of my family and friends come to me for simple car repairs and maintenance first instead of going to a mechanic, so that's a plus. I make some extra cash, enjoy doing it, and they save. Speaking of which I need to get on installing that water pump in my brother's land rover...

And don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to supercharge my car, I just can't afford it. But I would of course do the install myself :D

BTW, your Roush is sick. Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to own something like that!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
With your talent and attitude Sik Willey, I have no doubt in my mind that you will have whatever you want. I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth and have had to work for everyhing, but I appreciate it all the more so I am blessed. Keep up the good work my friend and you will go far. Benjamin

·
Registered
727 Posts
Thanks again my friend- I hope so. The compliments are much appreciated. I will keep at it. Keep that Roush lookin snazzy! God Bless bro. -Will H

·
Registered
93 Posts
i just ordered my headers and x pipe !! woohoo they are gonna be here in 10 business days i can't wait to get them on does anyone have a good gasket to run on the headers or are the ones they come with pretty good? oh i got the kooks longtube headers they are the biggest ones i could find

·
Registered
146 Posts
Bigger is not always better kueffler as all your components need to match for your car to perform it's best. That being said, the headers you ordered will allow you to make the most of future modifications (ported heads, cams, intake or supercharger, larger exhaust). Sik Willey is right, the headers should come with gaskets.

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
Just a friendly thought, could we get an addition to the first post regarding cams? :D

And in case I haven't said already, great writeup! :yes

·
Registered
1 Posts
Which CAI/Tune

1st off, I'm brand new to MM and owning a Mustang GT so thank you Redfire this whole thread is very helpful.

2nd I have been reading a lot of about the easy bolt on mods and obviously CAI+Tune is one of the most popular. The question I cant seem to get a solid answer on is which CAI and Tune will deliver the most HP/TQ? Does anyone have the dyno results to prove it?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Many are very similar, just do some shopping and a little more research and you'll find whats best for your goal and your budget.

I personally recommend the Steeda CAI- that's what I run. They "claim" the best gains on the market, but it's hard to trust manufacturer claims as they are often pretty inflated. In all honesty the JLT and C&L are probably just as good. IMO K&N is a little over-rated. Go with the steeda, JLT 110, or C&L.

Also, definitely buy a tuner. It will be necessary for almost all of your future engine mods and will maximize your gains. I recommend American Muscle, if you buy your tuner from them you'll get free tunes for life.

Here's the link:
2005-2010 Ford Mustang Cold Air Intakes, Mustang Intakes at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Reactions: Ace417

·
Registered
146 Posts
Once again Sik Willey is absolutely right. The hand-held tuner makes all other mods possible and is the gateway to your Mustang's computer for a custom tune later on. Without it you will not be able to do much. The check engine light will come on and a trouble code will be thrown and quite possibly put your car in safe mode where you will have zero performance. Then you will have to buy one anyway or take it to the dealer which will proably void any engine warranty you may have. Bama tunes, which I used, sold out to American Muscle so they are your best bet.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
i'd also like to add that while throttle bodies won't get you significant topend horsepower gains in a lightly modded 4.6, the throttle response will be much improved and you'll probably gain a little power under the curve. so saying its a useless mod is a bit of an overstatement.

otherwise, good post overall. very informative

·
Registered
146 Posts
You are right of course 101fng about the throttle response and maybe a few ponies being added. It is not a very cost effective mod if you are in the early stages of modding and want the most bang for your buck though. Until the 500 horsepower level is reached the twin 57mm throttle body is adequate, but just. My Roush came with a 62mm twin throttle body and is adequate for my 510 to the feet but with any mods I will have to step up to the Ford Racing throttle body for maximum HP. Good advice though as the throttle response does make a difference in most Stangs. Thanks for your service to our Country by the way, I salute you !

·
Registered
93 Posts
well for 560 bux i think the bbk lt headers are acceptionally good i just put my kooks lt headers and x pipe and they sounds great

201 - 220 of 260 Posts